PDA

View Full Version : Siig USB 3.0 hdmi not working win 7 64bit

dts350z
03-05-2012, 10:55 PM
I get the system sound of a device connecting, then the sound of a device being disconnected. No video. This happens each time I connect the adapter to either a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 port.

Device Manager shows: DisplayLink Adapter (4301) and USB 3.0 to HDMI Adaptor.

I have downloaded and installed the latest software.

I have two different HDMI monitors (both or which work with other video cards) and neither work with the SIIG.

I was previously using a Kensington DisplayLink 2.0 adapter and it was fine.

I am using a Western Digital PCIE to USB 3.0 card (NEC chip set) and have the latest driver for that (according to windows)

Are there any PCIE USB 3.0 cards that are known to work (if you think the card/card driver is the problem)?

dts350z
03-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Output from displaylink support tool attached

dts350z
03-06-2012, 06:11 PM
Update.

I got it working on an HDMI monitor. It still won't work on an HDMI TV (through an HDMI receiver, although my Nvida card does).

On the working monitor, no video overlay, so things like Total Media Theater don't work, so can't test HDCP.

Also because it's not working through my receiver I can't test the audio.

JamesH
03-06-2012, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I'd strongly advise updating your USB3 HC driver to the latest available (2.1.28.x) from this page: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/renesas.htm

Can you confirm if you get video and audio if your SIIG adapter is connected directly to your HDMI TV?

Lastly can you please confirm the make and model of your TV and receiver?

Thanks,
James