PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Video Not working well

rlane00
02-28-2012, 12:08 AM
I have the Targus USB 3.0 universal docking station (same one shown on the DisplayLink homepage as being "DisplayLink Certified" for USB 3.0) - but my laptop only recognizes it when it is connected to my USB 2.0 port on my laptop (Samsung NP700Z5A-S0AUS). It appears to function when connected to 2.0 port (e.g. extend across dual monitors, audio works fine, etc.), but when I attempt to stream video for Netflix (for example) the performance is very spotty. This is especially noticeable in full screen mode.

The symptoms are:
- When first start a video the audio is playing but the screen is blank.
- If I right click on the screen the video shows up as well (but not left click)
- While the video is playing it is very herky-jerky - not smooth at all.
- If I minimize the window and then maximize again, the audio still plays but the video is blank (the window doesn't fully "come back" after minimizing)

Is this related to only being on the slower speed 2.0 port? Any suggestions for how to improve this?

rlane00
03-20-2012, 09:13 PM
I hadn't received any comments on this one and was hoping I could get some assistance. When I have a video streaming window open it play fine on my laptop screen (full screen or reduced), but when I drag to either of the two external monitors the screen freezes or goes blank - although audio still works. If I have the screen partly on my laptop and partly on the adjacent monitor - the laptop video is fine, but the external monitor is frozen.

Any ideas on how to correct this?

Wim
03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Looking at your logs in this (http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1516)thread, it shows you are using Basic graphics mode.

There are known issues with rendering in basic graphics mode, that you are probably experiencing. Please refer here for more information:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=897

Wim

rlane00
04-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Thanks - I switched to Aero mode and it's now working fine.

Do you know if I can change the desktop background picture to one of my own pictures, and will it still work?