PDA

View Full Version : Cannot install: "The sofware package appears to have been modfied."

caligula
02-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Hello,

I have both a MIMO & Toshiba DisplayLink USB monitors. I'm trying to install on a WinXP SP3 laptop. Firewall and Antivirus have been disabled. When I try to run setup (latest drivers and earlier drivers) I receive the error:

"The software package appears to have been modified. Installation aborted. Please contact your vendor for assistance."

Does anyone know what to do to fix this?

Thanks

Wim
02-24-2012, 08:33 AM
That usually happens if the download is corrupted (as the signature is no longer valid).

I'd try downloading again, making sure your browser is not cheating by caching the corrupted version.

Wim

caligula
02-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Thanks. It's definitely not the download, I used the same file on different machine and it installed fine. It's just on this one particular machine that it doesn't work.

Dan
02-26-2012, 08:00 PM
I have also seen that happen on a machine when the setup.exe was infected with a virus - the first thing it did was copy itself to setup.exet and then load that. On a machine with the virus checker turned on, it stripped out the virus, on the machine without virus checking, it gave the error you mentioned and failed to load.

Did you try running setup.exe with the virus checker running? Maybe it would help?