PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink on 10.7.3 issue

gbpaxjr
02-23-2012, 03:49 AM
Hello all,

I still haven't had any luck solving my issues with my Macbook Pro kicking in the screensaver while I'm working. There are several symptoms that could help narrow down the problem. I can't imagine I'm the only one with the issue.

1. The screensaver starts regardless whether or not I'm in the middle of working. The frequency is always based on the screensaver timeout. No difference whether power is connected or not.

2. When I reboot or log out, I always have to enter my credentials twice. The first time it starts logging in, then the screensaver starts and I have to enter the credentials again.

3. Chat client "Adium" always show me as 'idle'. From what I've heard, other users don't see me as idle but the dock always shows idle and the status 'bubble' icons are always amber.

All in all, the driver and monitor seem to work okay but these issues are frustrating when I'm on it all day every day. As soon as I remove the driver, all symptoms disappear. I have used the latest driver from the website, as well as every beta driver I can find, with no luck. If anyone has suggestions, I'd greatly appreciate it. I am attaching the verbose output from the logs. Hopefully that will help.

15" Macbook Pro (early 2011).

drfrogsplat
03-11-2012, 06:34 AM
Hi there, you might want to consider replying in your original thread on this topic (http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1469), rather than making new one(s), so that relevant information is all kept together.

Symonty
03-16-2012, 05:37 PM
I Updated 2009 Macbook pro 17" 10.6.x to late 2011 [8,3] 17" 10.7.3
did the migration assistant trick ( worked well , had to upgrade old machine to 10.7.3 first then migrate but worked fine , i think .. )

I have two thunderbolt displays and 3 USB/DVI displays using Diamond BVU195s.

This is the same setup ( bar the thunderbolt ) that I was using on the old laptop, no troubles prior.

Being more specific.

1) When I reboot and the login screen appears a second later it goes into the screensaver.
2) When I logout the screensaver appears on the login screen and will not let me login to another account
3) the Screensaver activates randomly while I am using my machine
4) Some applications ( Skype and Adium in particular ) seem to have lost the ability to know that I am NOT idle
5) When I remove the DisplayLink extensions all back to normal.

mgoldenb
03-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm experiencing the exact same screen locking issue. I just purchased the Toshiba 14" USB display and downloaded and installed the Mac OS 1.7 DisplayLink driver. I'm also running 10.7.3 on my 2011 MacBook Pro 15".

This has to be an issue with the driver. Because if I uninstall the DisplayLink driver the issue goes away. I've also tried the alpha version 1.8 and had the exact same issue.

Carlo
03-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi all,
We're struggling to reproduce this issue. Probably a specific combination of power saving/screensaver setting/login setting can influence this issue.

Can you please let us know which detailed settings you have in the following System Preferences Panels:
- Desktop&Screen Saver, Screen Saver panel, start delay setting
- Energy Saver, all settings including the schedule if you use it
- Users&Groups, Login Options, all settings

Thank you very much for your help!
Carlo

mooreplusone
04-13-2012, 12:16 AM
*bump*

I hope this issue is solved soon. Going to screensaver every 5-10 minutes randomly really has me thinking about going back to a single monitor.

jcnetdev
07-23-2012, 03:23 AM
I'm on the latest version (1.8 released July 2012) and OSX 10.7.4

I'm also seeing my Mac try to kick in the screen saver every 20minutes while I'm working.

This is really screwing me up.

Wim
10-08-2012, 12:10 PM
We have had confirmation from Apple that this was an OSX bug and should be fixed in the latest Mountain Lion update. However no word from Apple as to whether they have already put the fix into Lion.

From Apple:

We believe this issue has been addressed in OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.2. The GM
version is available now. Please verify this issue and update your bug report
with the results.

OS X 10.8.2 build 12C54
Posted Date: September 19, 2012
http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1581

Wim