PDA

View Full Version : DL-165 does not work with Windows XP SP3 (HP ProBook 6560b/IntelHD)

Alex-76
02-21-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi,

my DL-165 USB2DVI Adapter does not completely work with Windows XP SP3 on a HP ProBook 6560b (latest Intel HD graphic drivers installed).

After installation of the software V6 M1 (DisplayLink-6.1.35912.exe) I plugged in the USB cable and the Plug and Play process started.... and did not completely detect all devices :-(
It stops detecting and display a yellow sign in device manager.
1. After manually deinstall and force detection in Windows device manager the USB mass storage device will be detected and correctly installed (USB display adapter DL-165 Adapter_SPI)
2. Then the DisplayLink control panel starts and I'm able to adjust the screen settings and I get a picture at the second display
3. After reboot and before Windows login the second monitor shows a duplicate picture - fine!
4. After login the second display goes black and the DisplayLink control panel is not visible
5. A look in the Windows device manager displays a yellow sign at the USB display adapter DL-165 Adapter_SPI
6. I plugged out the USB cable and plugged in: Hardware detection starts and diplays in device manager a yellow sign at the USB display adapter DL-165 Adapter_SPI
7. After manually deinstall and force detection in Windows device manager the USB mass storage device will be detected and correctly installed (USB display adapter DL-165 Adapter_SPI)
8. DisplayLink control panel starts and the second displays shows something

After reboot the same behavior starts again!

This is not the way I expected to operate with these device because I need 40 of these devices to install at our notebooks. Maybe I made something wrong. Can you help me?

Greetings

Alex

krzcho
02-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Have you tried with internet enabled and windows looking for drivers there?
My current experience with 6.1 M2 is that it does not contain DL-165 driver and it needs to be downloaded from windows update servers.

Alex-76
02-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Thanx for this advice.
I tried this out:
Windows Update installed an old driver: 5.6.31854

The result is the same as before :-(.