PDA

View Full Version : WinXP Menu does not Match User Doc

dweilbacher
02-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Just installed the latest version of the software (6.1) on WinXP 32bit. Reading through the latest user manual (on-line) I noticed the menus in the doc are different than what I have.

For example, when I click on the DisplayLink Icon, I get 4 options. The doc show 5 options. My setup is missing the "Updates" menu item.

1) Is this normal for a WinXP machine?
2) How do I do software updates without this option?

dweilbacher
02-29-2012, 11:58 AM
Hmm, no comments?

Please see the current User Manual here:
http://displaylinkmanuals.s3.amazonaws.com/DisplayLinkUserManual5.6.pdf
(see page 14 and 15 for WinXP Menu)

Then compare against my menu (see attached).

The menus do not match (WinXP version). Is the documenation wrong, or am I missing some menu items. If the later, how do I check for Software Upgrades (since this is a missing menu item)?

Note, I attempted to re-install the latest drivers, but the driver package stated my drivers are up-to-date.

Wim
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Thanks for raising this. Yes, the manual is out of date. This option has been removed, as the updates are now pushed from Windows update. This option used to check the DisplayLink servers for updated software, but we stopped using this mechanism about 12 months ago.

Anyway - you have the latest v6.1 installed already. Checking Windows update will show newer versions as "optional updates" and they can be downloaded and installed from Windows update.

We'll update the manual with a new screen shot to remove the update option.

Thanks

Wim