PDA

View Full Version : multi display adaptor problem 2

dpdp
02-16-2012, 06:00 AM
I have been using 2 "USB 2.0 UGA Multi Display Adapters" with my Windows7 (64) PC for several months without any problem (to run a 3rd and 4th display), but recently I have noticed that:

when I drag a web page onto the displays attached to either USB adaptor, there is a blurring of the edges of the web page (picture attched)

this does not occur when I drag "MyComputer" or an excel spreadsheet to the external display attached to the adaptors.

For some reason the problem seems more pronounced with Mozilla Firefox than Chrome (perhaps a plugin issue ???)

My external displays are at a different resolution to my main displays but they are of a resolution that the adaptor is supposed to be capable of handling

Is this correctable or adjustable, all the drivers are up to date and I have not consciously changed any settings since the adapter worked fine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have run out of ideas as to what might be causing the problems

thanks in advance
david

Wim
02-17-2012, 09:59 AM
This is due to basic mode rendering, which should be fixed by this alpha build:

http://displaylink.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=44

The alternative is to use Aero graphics mode.

Wim

dpdp
02-18-2012, 10:58 PM
Thank you, this suggested solution worked very nicely and no blurring present now that I have detected. Very much appreciated!
Dave