PDA

View Full Version : Process for Updating Driver

jef
02-07-2012, 09:52 AM
hey folks,
I am still running the v1.5 driver and saw that 1.7 is now available. I was wondering if I should remove the old driver or anything special before downloading and installing 1.7.

Or do I just need to install 1.7 and it'll copy over the 1.5 files?

Thanks!

ps. The reason I'd like to update is because my display link monitors have been acting really funny. I randomly cannot click on certain links or scroll while in Chrome, but as soon as I move the Chrome window to a non-displaylink monitor, the scrolling or clicking shows up..? Very strange

ChristianP
02-08-2012, 08:07 AM
The correct procedure is to run the uninstaller (you can use the one that come with 1.7), reboot and then run the 1.7 installer.

jef
02-23-2012, 04:29 AM
Thanks ChristianP. Unfortunately I am still having problems with some applications when using them on either 2 of my Display Link monitors but not on my third regular VGA to MiniPort monitor.

Any ideas? Some things don't register in Chrome, like scrolling or clicking some buttons - but then when I move the window over to a non-DisplayLink monitor the correct image is displayed. And sometimes I have a white box flash for a tinnnyyyyy smidgeon of a second on the monitor. I'm thoroughly confused as to its odd symptoms.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!
J