PDA

View Full Version : Lilliput UM-70 - "System cannot write to the specified device" problem...XP Pro SP3

Stevini18
01-20-2012, 06:29 AM
I have a Lilliput UM-70 USB 7" Monitor that I've been using as a third monitor in a PhotoBooth installation on an Acer Aspire One netbook with NO PROBLEMS.

I got a new primary laptop, so my old laptop can run the PhotoBooth now. I installed the DisplayLink drivers that came with the monitor onto the "new" computer, and wasn't able to enable the monitor. Windows Update gave me a new DisplayLink driver. Now, whenever Windows starts up (with UM-7- attached), or if I hot-plug it, my screen flickers, and I get a notification:

2. Lilliput USB Monitor
"The system cannot write to the specified device"

I even uninstalled everything and downloaded the newest DisplayLink drivers from the site here...same problem.

I can't start the USB monitor via the DisplayLink taskbar manager, nor via the graphics card properties. Yet, when I plug the monitor back in to the netbook, everything's fine (leading me to believe it's not a hardware issue with the monitor).

I build computers, and usually am able to figure out my own problems, but I just can't get around this one - so please talk tech to me!

The laptop is an HP DV9030us 17", running XP Pro SP3 (I reinstalled over the HP XP Media Center crap that came with the laptop), with a GeForce Go 7600 running the latest Nvidia drivers.

BTW, VGA works fine to an additional monitor.

Thanks for any assistance - it is much appreciated!

Wim
01-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Can you post the log files for this?

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim