PDA

View Full Version : Flight Simulator X GPS

delta14sierra
01-20-2012, 01:03 AM
I have both an iPad 2 (WiFi) and a DoubleSight DS-70U (USB) and am using Win7/64.

My specific interest is in using DisplayLink to move the GPS in Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) over to the DS-70U.

I have no problem when doing this with the iPad. I simply launch DisplayLink from the iPad prior to running FSX. I do not have to have FSX in "windowed" mode, nor do I have to "undock" the GPS. I simply use the GPS popup command in FSX to reveal the GPS, resize it and drag it over to the iPad. Works great!

However, whenever I try to do the very same thing using the DS-70U, I cannot get the GPS to drag over to the DS-70U in the same way that I can with the iPad. I can drag it partially off the main FSX screen, but I can never get it to fully leave the main FSX screen. What is more, it does not show up at all on the DS-70U. I have tried FSX "windowed" mode and "undocking" the GPS. Only then can I drag the "windowed" GPS over to the DS-70U, but even then, the GPS on the DS-70U no longer updates or interacts with the FSX controls and portions of the GPS go black.

If anyone has any insight on how to get this to work with the DS-70U (USB) as it does with the iPad (WiFi), I would most appreciate it!

delta14sierra
03-23-2012, 11:50 AM
Not sure what happened...

Just updated my NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT driver.

Now FSX GPS on iPad under DisplayLink no longer works as noted in previous post.

When launching FSX with DisplayLink already established with iPad, I now get an error message saying that NVIDIA driver may be incompatible with FSX.

I have tried rolling back to several clean installs of previous NVIDIA drivers, but results are the same.

Any insight on how to get iPad DisplayLink working with FSX again would be most appreciated.