PDA

View Full Version : Display works, goes black, freezes, drops, repeats.

squiggs77
01-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I have a DoubleSight DS-90U that works fine on my laptop with Windows 7 64bit. However, on my desktop, also running Windows 7 64-bit, the display has many problems.

I'm using the latest video drivers for my video cards and the displaylink 6.1 drivers.
The drivers install without issue.

When the display is connected it will continually drop and reconnect with a black screen many times before the video displays on it. Then after minute or two, the screen will go black. If I mouse over it the windows background will appear wherever the mouse is and stay for a minute or two. Then go black again. After another minute or so the display will go black and freeze. Then it will drop and repeat the events in this paragraph again.

I have tried:
Different USB ports.
Disabling & uninstalling video drivers (I'm running Intel HD Graphics and Radeon HD 4300/4500).
Older Displaylink drivers (v5.6).
Disabling the USB 3.0 ports in BIOS and uninstalling the USB 3.0 Drivers.
Using the two USB port cable in case the monitor wasn't receiving enough power.

I have attached my DisplayLink Support Tool zip file.

squiggs77
01-22-2012, 01:19 AM
I have an i-rocks 4 port USB hub that out of desperation I tried plugging in the monitor through that. Guess what? It worked! The hub is plugged into one of the motherboard ports that wouldn't work with the monitor directly plugged into it. I'm not sure why having the monitor pass through the USB hub works, but it does.