PDA

View Full Version : "No Signal" on second monitor

LHH
01-16-2012, 01:27 PM
My previous configuration was dual monitors using DisplayLink for the second monitor with WinXP. I had another (better) desktop with Win7 64 that I switched with the WinXP device. I downloaded the Win7 software, version 6.1M1, from http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php and it successfully installed. I checked the four recommended items from another post and the software shows in the program list, service is "started", Display Link shows under USB Display Adapters and appears to be a valid Hardware ID. The second monitor is "on" so power source works. All the connections appear to be tight (nothing loose).

I would sincerely appreciate any help that someone can give to resolve this issue. I'm not a hardware person so please provide details on how to get information if anything is needed.

Attached is the zipped file from DisplayLink Support Tool

Thanks! LHH

Wim
01-16-2012, 02:30 PM
You need to have a primary graphics card driver installed to use DisplayLink on Windows 7, as this is used to do the 3D effects on your USB display. Currently this is shown as:

Graphics: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter ((Standard display types))
Graphics Driver: 6.1.7600.16385 Dated 2006-06-21

If you install the driver for your primary graphics card, you should be good to go!

Wim

LHH
01-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Thank you for your reply. I'm not a hardware person and would very much appreciate steps to identify the graphics card so I know which driver to install. Again, thank you for your quick reply and in advance for help so I can install the needed driver.

Additional info: I looked in devices and also ran dxdiag (looking in display tab). The name is "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter". There's little to no other information on the video card. I looked at Dell specification and it just shows standard graphics. Do you have any thoughts or recommendations on a driver that I could install? Thank you in advance for any information you can share.

LHH

markbad311
01-16-2012, 11:44 PM
Thank you for your reply. I'm not a hardware person and would very much appreciate steps to identify the graphics card so I know which driver to install. Again, thank you for your quick reply and in advance for help so I can install the needed driver.

Simply go to your computer manufacturers website and download the drivers for your model. If it is a custom build you should have a disk.

Outside of that, make sure your resolution is set to something ridiculously low like 1200x768 to start off testing functionality.

DisplayLink barely supports good high res monitors.