PDA

View Full Version : Can't function with MacBook Pro Lid Closed

davidt
01-12-2012, 07:23 PM
I have a MacBook Pro (october 2011) and 2 BVU195 units. Both external monitors function, but when I close my macbook pro lid the system doesn't seem to recognize that I no longer have that display. Anything on the laptop display stays there and I can't access my dock. I know I can move the dock, but the system frequently opens windows (including system preferences) on the screen of the closed macbook.

Carlo
01-13-2012, 09:15 AM
Mac OS requires a screen to be connected to the built-in external screen output to enter clamshell mode and thus disable the internal screen.

jeff-y
01-31-2012, 06:23 AM
I'm having the same problem as David.

I have two external monitors: one from my Thunderbolt (mini display) port, and another on my USB DisplayLink.

When I enter clamshell mode, the internal monitor is not disabled.

If I *only* use the Thunderbolt (mini display) port, in clamshell mode, with the DisplayLink driver, then I have the same problem: the internal monitor is not disabled. I don't have this problem when the DisplayLink driver is removed.

I'm on a MacBook Air with Lion 10.7.2.

Thanks!
-Jeff

mikefoley
01-31-2012, 08:20 PM
I think you'll see that this is the same problem I reported in http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1359

DisplayLink guys are working on it. Apple knows about it. Hopefully something soon will come out and make it work the way its supposed to.

mike