PDA

View Full Version : Displaylink-based DH-88 installed fine, wont display.

Wizzard
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Good morning! Great forums you guys are running here.

But right down to business, I recently installed an Arkview DH-88 on my brand new P67-based Windows 7 x64 system. The software driver is in, the service is running, no second display is detected. I followed the "Debugging" thread- As far as that thread shows, my adapter should be working!

Initially, the service was not installing alongside the software, but after reregistering vbscript.dll, everything seemed to be OK... But it was not so!

Attached is the diagnostic file. Thanks in advance for any help :)

Wim
01-09-2012, 03:31 PM
I think the problem is your Matrox graphics. On Windows 7 (and Vista) we support WDDM graphics drivers from Intel, ATI (AMD), NVIDIA and Via. We need to have a WDDM graphics card driver installed as we use this for all the 3D effects.

Matrox are not supported by DisplayLink and I don't think they have a WDDM driver for Windows 7. I'm afraid I don't think this will work with your Matrox graphics card.

Wim

Wizzard
01-09-2012, 03:46 PM
Thanks, Wim! Any advice? This serverboard doesn't support graphics cards in it's x8 slots (wasted purchase of both an x4 and an x1 video card) and now we realize DisplayLink isn't supported.... Super fun!