PDA

View Full Version : 5.2 Download Corrupt

wootalyzer
10-23-2009, 07:53 PM
It seems the official 5.2 windows release download is corrupt. The file I get is the correct size, but throws a side-by-side configuration error every time I run it (I've downloaded it several times on seperate machines).

* edit: whoops, looks like I posted in the beta forum instead of windows release. Regardless, it's a problem.

CasaVerde
10-23-2009, 10:38 PM
The Side-by-Side error is the M$ way of telling us there's a missing DLL soemwhere. My guess is the machine DisplayLink used to compile 5.2 on had some redistributable (like VC++, .net, something) that is not on a clean RTM version of Win7.

I'm running Home Premium, if that helps.

wootalyzer
10-24-2009, 05:34 AM
Is the download corrupt for you as well? I believe this is more than a missing dll --- more like the file was corrupted when they uploaded it. Every time I download it, it doesn't even display the executable's icon.

CasaVerde
10-24-2009, 04:59 PM
Yep - same "side-by-side" error you're getting. A little Googling on "side-by-side" seems to indicate the problem is with a missing file, not an out and our corruption. Could be wrong, tho - but I'll bet DisplayLink will have the same problem if they install it on a clean Win7 machine.

Interestingly, I found an older version of the beta driver and it works fine. :)

segfault
10-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Looks like a new version of the driver may have been uploaded, since it's actually installing on my machine now (it didn't work before.)

Try downloading it again. :)

jnjroach
10-26-2009, 07:20 PM
When I uninstalled the beta driver and rebooted, Windows Update went out and downloaded the RTW driver with-out me having to install it...this is on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Jeff