PDA

View Full Version : 0 eGalax Touch devices - Lilliput USB Touch Screen Monitor on Windows 7 laptop

mike7
12-28-2011, 03:24 AM
I just got a Lilliput USB Touch Screen Monitor, model UM-70/C. I eventually was able to install working drivers for the monitor, but after installing the TouchKit software it does not think I have any touchscreen controllers. What's going wrong, and how do I fix it?

This is on an HP laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) on an Intel Core i7-2720QM. This has switchable graphics: the base graphics is the Mobile Intel HD Graphics built into the i7, and the high-power alternative is Radeon HD 6770M.

This laptop has several USB ports, some handling 3.0 and some only 2.0. I have the USB Touch Screen Monitor plugged into a couple of 3.0 ports (the accompanying paperwork says I need to plug into two ports to get sufficient power).

The monitor came with a software disk that says it is "V1". I installed the monitor driver software from there; it was version 5.2.something. It blue-screened when I tried to use the USB monitor. I uninstalled that driver, rebooted, and plugged in the USB monitor. It found the 5.6.31854.0 "DisplayLink Core Software" on the net and installed it. Oddly, it did not also install "DisplayLink Graphics". So I downloaded the 5.6M1 release from DisplayLink and installed that. This gave me version 5.6.31870.0 of DisplayLink Graphics, and I still have version 5.6.31854.0 of DisplayLink Core Software.

The USB Touch Screen Monitor works fine as a monitor. Well, actually, I have not yet dared to ask it to do anything more than display the desktop background. But it at least can do that.

Unable to find any alternative, I went back to that install disk for the touch software. It appeared as drive E, and I ran E:\TOUCHKIT-DRIVERS\Win7_5.6.0.6806_090727\setup.exe. At first I did not have the USB monitor connected when I launched that, but when it got to the remark about having the touchscreen connected I did that. There was no evident problem during installation. It asked me if I wanted to install PS/2 and RS-232 interface drivers, and I declined (my touchscreen connects via USB). Upon completion I found I have "eGalax Touch" version 1.00.000 installed. But it thinks I have "0 eGalax Touch devices" (this from the pop-up that appears when I hover my cursor over the system tray icon). Even while the USB Touch Screen Monitor is connected and showing the desktop. Launching the calibration utility and attempting to add controllers produces no more joy.

Wondering if I botched the install, I uninstalled and tried a slightly different procedure. This time I started with the USB Touch Screen Monitor connected and displaying the desktop. I ran E:\TOUCHKIT-DRIVERS\All_In_One_2k_XP_Visa_5.6.0.6806\setup.exe . Again I declined to install PS/2 and RS-232 interface drivers. Again the final result is that the installed software does not think I have any touchscreen devices connected.

Thanks for any help.

Wim
12-28-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi

DisplayLink only provide the video part of this product. We don't produce or write the drivers for the Touchscreen.

I think it would be best to contact Lilliput for help with the touchscreen drivers, as the video part of the product looks to be working correctly (although I would recommend v6.1 software over v5.6 as it will have better compatibility and performance)

Thanks

Wim

mike7
01-03-2012, 01:08 AM
What v6.1 is that? The v6.1 that I found did not list my device (UM-70/C) among those it supports.

Thanks

Wim
01-03-2012, 01:31 PM
V6.1 on the website will work with your product. There are so many DisplayLink products out there, and we are not always aware of new products, that we cannot keep an exhaustive list. But this driver will work with your screen.

Wim