PDA

View Full Version : Nothing Works. Please Help.

spankingmeporjak
12-24-2011, 03:45 AM
I just purchased a ATLONA 2ND GENERATION USB TO HDMI CONVERTER 1080p and installed everything like I was instructed. Nothing shows up in the tray. I can't access the programs. If I go directly to the folders the files are at and try to open them that way nothing opens. In the task manager the programs are running in the processes tab but I can't access anything to change any kind of settings or anything. I e-mailed DisplayLink but they say they might not even respond to me so here I am. Please help.

Dan
12-24-2011, 06:04 PM
Does it show up in device manager when you plug it in? You should see USB Display Adapter in the 'USB Controllers' section. Alternatively switch to 'by connection' view and you should see it off the controller it's attached to.

First step is: it should appear with the correct device ID (VID 17e9, PID whatever). If that doesn't happen nothing is going to help, and it's a HW thing requiring a replacement.

spankingmeporjak
12-25-2011, 05:39 PM
The display adapter appears in the controllers section. In the by connections view it appears in usb ports and such. Everything seems to be ok. Just no software is loading for me and I can't access anything.

scooterman
01-16-2012, 01:40 AM
I have the same problem. I purchased a Sabrent USB-HDMI converter. I installed the latest DisplayLink drivers. When I plug in the adapter, Windows XP finds the device and it shows up in Device Manager. The DisplayLink icon does not appear in the tray, nor is it running in the Windows Task Manager.

I am connecting the HDMI to a Sharp Aquos flat screen TV, state-of-the-art with multiple HDMI inputs available. I have swapped HDMI cables and even swapped the USB-HDMI device by sending it in for an exchange. The HDMI inputs on the TV work fine from a Blue-Ray player. I have uninstalled and re-installed the DisplayLink software several times. I even downloaded used the uninstall 'cleaner' because the poorly written drivers do not fully uninstall properly.

Conclusion: The DisplayLink drivers and/or chipset do not function properly as advertised. To the DisplayLink staff: do you guys even test this stuff? Why are the forum pages filled with people who can't get your hardware and software to work properly?

Dan
01-29-2012, 04:32 AM
Hi Scooterman,

Could you check that the DisplayLinkManager service is running (there are various ways of getting to the running services, e.g. execute 'services.msc')? If there is nothing in task manager, it could be that somehow the service has been disabled.

If you can attach the zipped up contents of \Program Files\DisplayLink Core Software\Debug that would help too.

Really sorry you are having trouble - I assure you that we have an extensive test department, and we've sold over 4 million of our chips. People generally come to these forums when they are having trouble, so it's a bit of a self selecting crowd!