PDA

View Full Version : Driver only install?

MJG
12-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Can anyone here help me with acquiring the drivers only?

I registered for an ADMIN account/access last Friday, but haven't heard back. I need to get this installed without the software that comes with it ( not allowed on the our network)

Thanks!

Dan
12-23-2011, 02:16 AM
Can you supply more detail - exactly how are you going to use the DisplayLink device without the software installed?

Can you not use the software from the downloads section of our website?

Regards,

MJG
12-27-2011, 10:04 PM
I will use this as a 3rd monitor/projector. I only need the drivers and NOT the software that comes with the product. I tried to download the "drivers" from the website and install, but it installs a program. display link core software and graphics are not alowed on our network. There lies the problem......

I just need the drivers. Or maybe you have another option?

Wim
12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
You need to install all the software. Just installing the USB drivers will have the device recognised in device manager, but it will not do anything. The reason is that the software creates the virtual graphics display in Windows and runs tasks to capture the pixels from this virtual graphics card, compress them and send them to the USB device.

This is why you need to be an admin to install the software - as this needs to run with admin priviledges due to the way we interact with the Windows graphics subsystem.

So I'm afraid you are going to need admin access to make this work properly.

Wim