PDA

View Full Version : Parallel Desktop for mac coherent mode problem

tonyh
12-11-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi,

I run display link driver v 1.7
I'm unable to switch the Windows 7 Parallel Desktop to coherent mode.
Unless I disconnect the usb.
I attached the DisplayLink Information debug.

Tony

tonyh
12-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Anybody experience this ?

Kas
12-15-2011, 06:19 AM
Im using Parallels 7 with Windows 7, everything works fine. Try installing the toolkit while the DL adapter is attached?

tonyh
12-18-2011, 06:11 AM
Do further testing. It seems that Parallels Mac Desktop can only do 2 screen.
It ran fine with iMac + 1 ext via Display port or iMac + 1 ext via USB Display Link, but not all three monitor.

Tony

RonF
01-10-2012, 05:04 AM
I've had Parallels in coherence mode with a Windows 7 guest work fine for me with 4 screens. However, I did run into a problem similar to the one you described where it wouldn't start. I found out that it was related to what screen the guest OS window was on when I tried to enter coherence mode.

When I had the window on the main Mac screen (the one with the menu bar), I could enter coherence mode just fine. However, when I moved the window onto one of my other screens, it would fail when I tried to switch.

tawman
01-11-2012, 12:53 AM
I've had Parallels in coherence mode with a Windows 7 guest work fine for me with 4 screens. However, I did run into a problem similar to the one you described where it wouldn't start. I found out that it was related to what screen the guest OS window was on when I tried to enter coherence mode.

When I had the window on the main Mac screen (the one with the menu bar), I could enter coherence mode just fine. However, when I moved the window onto one of my other screens, it would fail when I tried to switch.
Thanks RonF... I would have it working, then not working, and then working again. The key this last time was making sure Parallels was on the MBP window before starting Coherence mode like you said and it worked.

I have a two external monitors on my MBP for my home office setup and never had issues with my on-site config with one external monitor.