PDA

View Full Version : Bad Pool Header

Cylence
12-10-2011, 12:07 PM
Hi,

ive installed the newest driver for my windows vista 32 bit system with radeon hd 5750 and Mimo USB Monitor, since that i had everyday one blue screen with bad pool header, somedays more than once...now i ve reinstalled the previous version and its running without problems since that...
My system does have also one xbox360 wireless usb receiver,
one logitech wireless usb mouse,
one microsoft arc wireless usb mouse,
one nostromo n52te gaming keypad,
one logitech wireless usb keyboard,
and at least a soundgraph iMon Display and Remote Control, also connected via usb.
The System is:
Intel P4 DUal Core 2.93GHz
4Gb Ram
8 Harddrives 6 connected on mainboard, 2 connecte via PCI Sata controller.
one dvd drive
4 Monitors are connected:
one FullHD LG 42" with HDMI,
one 19" LG 1440*900 via dvi,
one LG 32" 1360*768 connected via dvi(mostly deactivated)
and the Mimo usb monitor.
One Soundblaster X-Fi Music is also in the system, i think thats all...
Drivers are for all devices graphics and so, are the newest one available.

I hope this helps you, and can improve the next version.

best regards,

tom

Cylence
06-19-2012, 09:26 AM
Hi again,

the newer versions all have the same problem on my system, always bluescreens, not starting device after normal startup and often device not reactivating after hibernate, since 6.0 every version have this errors here, the usb monitor is more and more useless. I dont know what i should do. Can anybody help?

best regards,

tom

Wim
06-19-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi

Not sure how this got missed on your first post. Sorry.

Can you post the log files as described here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Should give us information about your system and include the dmp files, which should tell us which driver caused the blue screen.

Wim

Cylence
06-20-2012, 09:17 AM
ok cool, thanks. I will make these debugfiles this evening, i am at work now. Ill send it tomorrow.

Cylence
06-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Hi,

ive seen one more error with the newest version, when i play a video with Hardwareoverlay renderer on my Screen Nr2 Which is located on top of the displaylink device, the video flickers, and i see a 800x480 pix picture of the displaylink device in the top right corner, and no video on this place.
Ive tried to start the advanced displaylink logging, but when the service is restarted, my device isnt recognized, same like every new start of the system, i always have to disconnect and reconnect the displaylinkdevice.
Only the oldest available version of the drivers are running "without" problems on my system, only the start problem and sometimes device goes black, until i refresh desktop or move the mouse, but there are no more errors, no bluescreens, no video problems on other screens. 5.6 is it i think. all newer drivers have these problems here.

I hope this helps to improve displaylink.

Best regards,

Tom

Wim
06-21-2012, 08:10 AM
I see you are using a basic graphics theme in Vista. Could you try switching to an Aero graphics theme and see if this fixes the issue?

Wim

Cylence
06-22-2012, 06:04 AM
Hi,

when using HardwareOverlay Renderer Windows automatically deactivates Aero.
But Overlay Renderer is the best Renderer for Video. Aero is also using this Renderer, because of this Aeor is deactivated when a different program uses it. The 5.6 Version does not have any problems with this.
I try this weekend if the same problems occur when i have Aero activated, i dont had time yesterday.

best regards,

tom

Cylence
06-26-2012, 07:37 AM
It happens also when Aero is activated. Only 5.6 Driver Version is running without bluescreens and without video problems on other screens.

Cylence
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
When using a newer driver than 5.6 i always get bluescreens, also when the usb monitor is not connected, only driver is installed. very strange. Bluescreen appears not directly after installing or activating the device, but sometimes after some minutes, sometimes after some hours.

Wim
06-30-2012, 11:14 AM
Can you talk me through exactly how you enable the HardwareOverlay Renderer so I can try and reproduce this and see what changed in v6.0 software?

Thanks

Wim

Cylence
07-16-2012, 07:59 AM
only start a videoplayer like VLC set there the videorenderer to hardware overlay and play thats it.

Wim
07-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I use VLC all the time (latest v2.0.2) with the hardware overlay and have no issues. I think there were bugs in earlier versions of VLC that caused issues. Are you using the latest version of VLC?

My video setup is

http://extranet.displaylink.com/techsupport_files/vlc.png

Wim

Cylence
07-17-2012, 07:05 AM
Thats not the right mode you tested, Aero keeps on or isnt it? You have to Select DirectX DirectDraw Output in the Output Combobox, this is little confusing in vlc...
When using this mode, aero is deactivated when playing a video. And this one gives me the problems, but one more, i am using my monitors not side by side, they are located one above the other, i hope you know what i mean. And it seems, when using Displaylink Device in Portrait mode, it does have much more problems than normal orientation.

Wim
07-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Yep - you're right. That drops into basic and does not work well. We always recommend Aero mode for video playback, as it is smoother for USB displays.

I would suggest the fix is to use the default output, as this will give better performance on USB displays, due to the way we get the video pixels.

Wim

Cylence
07-18-2012, 12:00 PM
Hi,

i dont play the video on the usb device, i have one FullHD hdmi connected Monitor, on this one i play the video, not on the usb device. There are only some tools and such things located on my usb monitor.
I tried every VideoRenderer and for FullHD Videos HardwareOverlay is almost the best, EVR is also not bad, but theres often a line in the middle to see, which looks very strange...
With the old version 5.6 i dont get the error, i play with hardwareoverlay on my big screen without any problems, only the newer versions does have the bluescreen and screen goes black error. Does this mean its not possible to get the newer Drivers running like the old one?
Windows 8 will not have Aero, does Displaylink then also make bluescreens?
Because the old version can do it, it must be a bug in the newer versions or isnt it?
It would be really cool if you can fix this in anyway, i hope you can do.

Cylence
07-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Ok then i have to keep the old version and never upgrade it seems. Can you help me with one problem with the 5.6 version, when i startup normally, i always have to disconnect and reconnect the device physically before it starts. When i go to Hibernate and restart from there, the device is directly activated without any needed reconnection. What can i do that the device is active on normal startup without always disconnecting? Because its not really cool, always i have to climb behind my pc search the right usb cable, and disconnect, wit some second, reconnect, wait some seconds, wtf...
Why cant this device run without problems after a normal startup?