PDA

View Full Version : Win7 and Displaylink

rerradem
12-07-2011, 02:39 AM
G'day all,
Having probs with Win7 Ultinate and Displaylink USB to DVI adapters and game. Ran previously Win XP Pro, intel I7, Nvidia 285GTX two monitors via USB-DVI adapter and two on PC. Program used is Flight Sim FSX. All running fine.
Have updated to Win7 ultimate 64 with every thing else identical as b4 and using Displaylink 5.6 driver. All working fine except when running FSX, main window can be moved to USB-DVI monitors but any new window opened and undocked when moved to those monitors become inactive and when trying to resize window it turns black. Moved back to pc connected screens ok.
Downloaded v.6.1, I think, will not install with previous version and unable to uninstall display core of previous version. It is a catch 22.
Also when using the update section of the Program, it tells me "cannot update driver, cannot connect to Windows updatem server"
Any suggestions, except going back to Win XP, are very much appreciated.
Cheers from Down Under
Richard :confused:

rerradem
01-01-2012, 05:40 AM
G'day all,
Having probs with Win7 Ultinate and Displaylink USB to DVI adapters and game. Ran previously Win XP Pro, intel I7, Nvidia 285GTX two monitors via USB-DVI adapter and two on PC. Program used is Flight Sim FSX. All running fine.
Have updated to Win7 ultimate 64 with every thing else identical as b4 and using Displaylink 5.6 driver. All working fine except when running FSX, main window can be moved to USB-DVI monitors but any new window opened and undocked when moved to those monitors become inactive and when trying to resize window it turns black. Moved back to pc connected screens ok.
Downloaded v.6.1, I think, will not install with previous version and unable to uninstall display core of previous version. It is a catch 22.
Also when using the update section of the Program, it tells me "cannot update driver, cannot connect to Windows updatem server"
Any suggestions, except going back to Win XP, are very much appreciated.
Cheers from Down Under
Richard :confused:
Hi,
To continue my previous problem with USB to DVi adapter. Have now installed/uninstalled version 5.6 and 6.1 but problem still the same. As mentioned all connected monitors are working fine. Drivers are all recognized by Win7, except in my game when undocking a window and moving it to a usb connected monitor, picture goes black and inactive.
Any help please. or is this a hopeless unresolvible problem. As mentioned b4 had no problems when running Win XP Pro. Docked or undocked all was aok.