PDA

View Full Version : powerpoint problem

hfalls
12-05-2011, 01:37 PM
I am having a very odd problem with powerpoint on my macbook pro. I present in a room with a projector and an external monitor. Normally, I use the external monitor to mirrow the projector leaving my macbook screen for presenter notes. I actually was not having trouble until recently with this setup. I could pick the external monitor/project as the screen on which to display the slides and it worked. This was with lion installed and 1.7 beta 5 installed. Now, when I go to present, Powerpoint will not accept any external monitor if I have a DisplayLink monitor attached. Remove the DisplayLink monitor from the usb port and the problem goes away.

I am not aware of having installed anything new on my system.

Any ideas?

oh, I also trashed the powerpoint prefs file and plist just in case. Didn't help.

Thanks,
Gordon

ChristianP
12-07-2011, 09:34 AM
We are not able to reproduce your issue. Could you please describe which display arrangement are you using? Which is the primary display?
Could you else please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269, collect debug information (with PowerPoint open and your preferred display setup) and post the output? Thanks

hfalls
12-14-2011, 03:28 PM
i've attached the displaylink info collected by the debug tool. I use my MacBook Pro display for the presenter notes and its the main display (displaying menus). I have two other monitors attached, one via displayport and one via usb-diplaylink. The displays work reliably except for the problem with powerpoint. What is odd is that until fairly recently, it worked fine with powerpoint using a beta driver for Lion.

Thanks,
Gordon

ChristianP
12-16-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks for the logs. We will try to reproduce your issue.

hfalls
12-17-2011, 02:09 AM
For what its worth, the problem occurs with both the Kensington and the Diamond adapters that I use. Also, when I open the Powerpoint slides in Keynote, I do not have the problem so at least I have a workaround in the meantime.

ryansch
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I've run into this exact same problem. I eventually had to ditch the displaylink adapter when I wanted to run presentations.

xhen
07-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm going to resurrect this thread as I'm having the same problem. I may have to send the unit back as this just isn't workable.

I have three screens (Mac/Projector/Confidence Screen). DisplayLink is driving Confidence Monitor.

In Powerpoint, I tell it to display on projector screen, it doesn't apply changes, and I'm always left displaying on main screen.

After fiddling, I was able to get it to display on Mac and Confidence monitor (3rd screen). I swapped displays and it only swaps between those two.

If i remove DisplayLink, everything works perfectly.

csavo
10-16-2012, 04:26 PM
I agree with the post above. I am having the same issue right now. Just posted more info in the PowerPoint/Lion Thread. Please help.