PDA

View Full Version : Black screen and no audio on playing videos.

GregNYR
11-30-2011, 07:13 PM
Hi,

I have 15-inch, 2.53GHz, Mid 2009 MBP. When I use my usb display link to hdmi adapter i can see the mirror or the extended desktop of my laptop. My only problem is that when i play videos on my laptop i can see the video when it's in a normal window, but when i do "Full Screen" there is only Black screen on my TV and audio is only coming from my laptop and not my tv.

I have 1.7.2 lion running and 1.7 Beta 5 display link driver installed.

Any help will be great.

BTW the adapter is working perfect on my HP windows 7 laptop.

ChristianP
12-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file?
A couple of more information to help reproducing your issue: which application are you using for video playback? Do you use the extended mode or the mirror mode when playing a full-screen video?
Thanks

GregNYR
12-05-2011, 09:59 PM
thanks for your reply. I will run the tool before connecting the adapter and after the problem has occurred once i get home.

The applications that are use for video: quicktime and vlc

Tried both in extended version and mirror version with same results.

GregNYR
12-05-2011, 10:03 PM
Here's the attachment of zip file before connecting the adapter.

ChristianP
12-07-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the logs. When using the extended mode I suppose you're using the DisplayLink screen as primary. Is this correct?
We are still trying to reproduce your issue, the suspect is that in your case some sort of hardware acceleration is requested on the DisplayLink screen.

GregNYR
12-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Sorry that i haven't been able to post the logs while connected the device. Getting home very late these past few days.

I'm using my macbook pro as the primary screen and my TV as the extension display. I've also used the tv and mbp as mirror with same results.

I'll try to do it again tonight when i get home and get the logs while the problem is there.

I'll also try to use my iPhone and make a video of the problem, what i'm doing to get it. If i can upload the video here that would be great, otherwise i'll upload it to youtube.

thanks, again - Greg.

GregNYR
01-13-2012, 08:24 PM
The new update to the driver seem to have fixed the issue on my laptop. There is now sound and video visible in fullscreen mode in all video player apps except for "VLC".

I have resolved the issue in VLC by going to Preferences --> Video tab --> uncheck the box for "Black Screens in Fullscreen Mode". After this my tv and laptop screen shows the video.

Thanks for your time.