PDA

View Full Version : Connection between DisplayLink and TV keeps dropping

MacPhyle
11-26-2011, 10:08 AM
I have my Panasonic PT50LC14 tv connected to my DisplayLink via HDMI, but lately that connection drops so that I have to unplug the power from the DisplayLink and replug it. Any ideas why that's happening? I appreciate any and all help :)

Wim
11-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Which connection drops? The HDMI cable to the TV (eg Windows thinks its still rendering to the screen) or the USB link drops (all your Windows move back to the primary display)?

I suspect that long cables could cause this, that are just on the edge of making a connection or delivering power and then disconnect. Are you using long cables to the TV?

Wim

MacPhyle
11-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, I'm not sure which connection it is, but my Macbook thinks the image is still displaying on my TV. (The window displayed on the TV doesn't move back to my Macbook.)

The cable doesn't seem that long; it's 6 feet.

This was all working much better (infrequent occurrences) until a couple of months ago, then this problem started getting worse. As for what I was doing a couple of months ago, I had to my Macbook back to Apple because of a problem with the battery. It may have been before I'd sent it back or after it returned, but sometime recently I reinstalled the Displaylink software driver. It seems like it has something to do with my Macbook's display going to sleep. I mean, that seems to be when it happens. But I've always let my display sleep and it worked fine before....

Any further ideas? Thanks for your help! :)

MacPhyle
12-18-2011, 01:08 AM
Posting again since I haven't heard anything back yet - any help for this issue please?