PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink Windows 7 64-bit not showing USB Display Adapter

f4gahead
11-25-2011, 06:41 PM
I am not able to see a USB display adapter in my Device Manager, and the monitor is not recognized. I tried switching USB ports and cables, and I know the monitor is functional. I've attached the debug log and it does seem to contain some errors but I have no idea what they mean.

Wim
11-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Yes, it looks like the device is not appearing on the Windows USB bus. This would be more a hardware problem, as the software cannot see a device to talk to. This thread should help debug the issue:

http://displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896

Wim

f4gahead
11-28-2011, 04:24 PM
Thanks. I followed all the advice in that thread but still do not see my display adapter in the Device Manager. So does that mean it's likely the DisplayLink hardware that's failed?

Wim
11-29-2011, 12:14 PM
There is something wrong with the USB connection preventing it appearing in device manager. I would try it on a different computer with a different USB cable before confirming it is a DisplayLink hardware fault.

Wim

f4gahead
11-30-2011, 10:23 PM
The displaylink is new, purchased at the end of august, can you please send me a replacement.
I TRIED THE MONITOR ON A DIFFERENT COMPUTER AND IT WORKED FINE

Wim
12-01-2011, 11:24 AM
DisplayLink don't supply any products to end users. We sell our technology to manufacturers who then make products with DisplayLink integrated.

If you think you have a faulty product, you will need to contact the product vendor for a replacement. This cannot be done by DisplayLink.

Wim