PDA

View Full Version : missing Screen?

wdirrim
11-23-2011, 04:47 AM
ok this is really starting to annoy me, but i have my laptop with an extra 23" monitor plugged in. I got the USB Display Link adapter from a friend plugged it in and it worked fine. when I unplugged it to move my laptop everything seemed fine but now it is like the monitor is there, but its not. i have uninstantiated the display link software but its still happening. i have windows that keep popping up on the "off screen space" and i looked up how to get some of the 'non sinked" windows back, ie; office, explorer, but thinks like my itunes WONT come back.
any help would be amazing. thank you so much

windows 7 ultimate
toshiba satellite

*wayne*

Wim
11-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi

I assume that the monitor is no longer there in Windows display properties, but you can't move your mouse to it?

This can happen with some applications and Windows that "assume" that the position they were last in is still the right place... One way to get these Windows back is to use some key presses:

Alt+Tab to the application you want to move back.
Press Alt+Space bar to bring up the window menu on the window you cannot see
Press M to move the Window
Press a cursor key to snap the mouse to the window.
Move the mouse to move the window to where you want it.

You can practise these key presses on a Window you can see to see how it works, then it should work on Windows that you can no longer see on the screen.

Hope that helps

Wim