PDA

View Full Version : Win7-64 Install/Blank Monitor

jguthusa
10-29-2011, 10:26 PM
I am using an Atlona AT-PCLink to extend my HTPC display to an alternate monitor. After installing, both the HDTV and the monitor register within Windows Display Screen. However, when I try to extend or mirror the desktop, the monitor registers "No Signal" when connected to the Wireless USB DisplayDock. I can connect the monitor directly to a laptop and get a signal so I know it's not the cable or monitor. Attached are the log files from the support tool.

Wim
11-01-2011, 09:22 AM
Hi

I think the problem is the adapter does not support the preferred mode of your display. The display wants to do 1680x1050, but the adapter is a DL-125, which supports a resolution up to 1.5 Megapixels (1600x900 max). So the best resolution the adapter and the TV can do is 1280x1024, and this is what we set the resolution to (based on the modes sent from the monitor). However I think it is possible that the TV does not like this mode and shows "No Signal"

Can you try setting the same mode from the PC and see if it works? Can you set different modes in Windows Display Properties and see if it works correctly?

Wim