PDA

View Full Version : Screen not entering power save mode

Roy
10-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Hi,

I have a Macbook Pro 2010 model running Snow Leopard and DisplayLink 1.6 with a Kengsinston USB to DVI adapter.

Previously I had a Sony monitor attached to my with no issue. I recently upgraded my monitor to Dell U2410 and the monitor does not go into 'power save' mode when the computer asks the display to sleep. The monitor goes black but the backlight is still illuminated. The primary monitor (another Dell 2410) attached to the mini-DVI port goes into 'power save' mode as expected.

I've swapped monitors and cables to confirm there is not an issue with either and am convinced that the issue is associated with the DisplayLink / Monitor combination.

Any assistance is appreciated.
-Roy

ChristianP
11-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Sorry for the late answer. Could you please try to uninstall the 1.6 driver and install the 1.7b5 driver and see if the problem is solved? Thanks

Roy
01-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Just checked back. I am now on Lion with DisplayLink 1.7 driver. The hardware is the same as the original post.
The problem has not been solved.

bradhs
01-11-2012, 06:35 AM
I'm also on v1.7 and have the same problem.

Just checked back. I am now on Lion with DisplayLink 1.7 driver. The hardware is the same as the original post.

ChristianP
01-11-2012, 04:09 PM

Thanks for the test. Could you please use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269, collect the info right after a display sleep and wakeup and post the output file? Switch the log verbosity to DEBUG first (menu advanced->log verbosity and unplug and re-plug the adapter). Thanks

ChristianP
01-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I'm also on v1.7 and have the same problem.

Could you please post the details of the hardware you're using or better use the debug tool here http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=269 and post the output file? Thanks

Roy
01-12-2012, 09:43 PM
I ran the DisplayLInk Information program twice. Once before the monitor went to sleep and once after. Both are attached.
Thanks for your assistance!