PDA

View Full Version : Display link shows "Unknown Device" - Help!

jmayes
10-26-2011, 02:19 AM
I have tried this on serveral computers now and keep getting the same thing, under usb in device manager it just comes up "Unknown Device", no drivers installed, the Pid=000 and Vid=000, Using Winxp. No driver will link to it when I try to force one manually, I have tried both the supplied manf. disk and the latest drivers on this site.

attached is the support file.

Please help!
Thankx,
Jmayes

Wim
11-04-2011, 02:31 PM
If it is coming up "Unknown Device" then the hardware is not being recognised correctly by Windows. From the logs I can see that it has been recognised at some point, but not any more. I think this is a hardware/cable problem, rather than a DisplayLink software issue.

Wim

cgusa
05-22-2013, 07:55 AM
If it is coming up "Unknown Device" then the hardware is not being recognised correctly by Windows. From the logs I can see that it has been recognised at some point, but not any more. I think this is a hardware/cable problem, rather than a DisplayLink software issue.

Wim

Hi guys, I am having the same problem with 5 display link devices. I have bought 20 adaptors, all of them worked just fine when suddenly 5 of them are no longer recognized by the same PCs where others are. All of them have the same model all lenovo laptops t410 with intel graphics cards and we get this "unknown device" in control panel. WHAT CAN I DO? I cannot install the driver Manually or better said, nothing happens. Please let me know as I am desperate!

JamesH
05-23-2013, 03:37 PM
It typically points to a hardware issue - see this document for what may have happened http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2011/10/15/things-to-try-when-your-usb-device-is-an-quot-unknown-device-quot.aspx