PDA

View Full Version : Blank display every second boot.

specterra
10-25-2011, 07:29 AM
Display: Mimo Touch2.
Displaylink Driver: 6.0.34621.0
PC hardware: Adlink MXE-1020.

We have two of the systems listed above, both exhibit the same issue.
The Mimo monitor is configured as the primary monitor via the Displaylink management software. No other monitor is attached.
On alternating boots the Mimo monitor either behaves as expected or shows a blank screen. This occurs in an exact 1:1 ratio and is 100% repeatable. If the display comes up one boot then it will be blank the next and vice versa.

We also have the previous version of the Mimo Touch monitors attached to the same PC hardware, these do not have this issue.

I have followed the debugging steps listed here (http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=896) and everything seems in order:

I have reinstalled the Displaylink software.

I am attaching the files collected by the Displaylink diagnostic tool.
Any assistance is much appreciated.

Wim
10-27-2011, 01:20 PM
This is really strange. When it comes up blank, can you recover it by restarting the DisplayLink service?

Thanks

Wim

specterra
10-31-2011, 01:44 AM
I could not restart the service as I had no display. Connecting a VGA monitor did not work either.

I have, however, resolved this issue.
I had disabled the Intel 945 chipset VGA driver to ensure that the Mimo monitor was always the sole and primary display. I reenabled that driver and this issue went away, disabling the driver again caused the issue to recurr.

I am not sure why disabling the chipset VGA driver causes this issue but having reenabled it the Mimo monitor is working well.

Cheers

Simon.