PDA

View Full Version : try to connect 6 usb>hdmi adapters

mysticx
10-24-2011, 10:39 AM
hello everybody

sorry for my bad english ... i'm from switzerland :)

i bought 6 usb-> hdmi adaptors because i read i can use up to 6 adaptors for connect 6 additional monitors to my computer.

i installed the newest displaylink software from the homepage, connected all 6 adaptors to an active usb2-hub > all 6 adaptors are listed in the device manager.

ok, connected a first LED-monitor to the fist adapter -> no hdmi-signal detected is the message on the screen. then i tried to connect the monitor to another adapter -> the same. i tried another monitor and there is the same issue: no hdmi signal.

the monitor only receive a hdmi-signal when i disconnect the other 5 usb/hdmi adaptors -> after disconnect i can duplicate, mirror etc. the desktop. as soon as i connect a second monitor to a second adaptor with a hdmi cable (v1.3) both monitors goes blank -> no hdmi signal.

i use the adaptors from DeLock (http://www.delock.com/produkte/gruppen/Multimedia/Delock_USB_20_to_HDMI_with_Audio_Adapter_61865.htm l?setLanguage=EN). this adaptor is delivered with a (old) displaylink driver so i installed the newest driver from the displaylink homepage.

my "normal" graphiccard is an intel onboard card (z68 chipset / graphic card is built in the sandy-bridge cpu).

and ideas why i can't use more than 1 adaptor?

EDIT: when i detach a hdmi cable from an adaptor the main monitor (connected to the intel graphic with dvi) flicker a bit so i'm sure windows knows that i detached the hdmi cable from the usb/hdmi adaptor.

best regards

mysticx

Wim
10-24-2011, 11:04 AM
This can happen if the manufacturer has not programmed unique serial numbers into each adapter. If this is the case, then all adapters look the same on the USB bus and we cannot talk to an individual adapter.

If you run the debug tool here, with the adapters connected:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Then look in the system details.txt, you will see the adapters currently connected. If only 1 is listed eg:

Nivo's currently attached: PID_0110\\0110-000000

If there is always only 1 shown, and they always have the same id, then this will be the problem.

Thanks

Wim

mysticx
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM
thank you for your fast answer! i wrote also delock and they answered me that it could be that the usb-port can not deliver enough power (i use an active usb2-hub) or there are incompatibilities with my used graphiccard (i tested it with intel onboard, nvidia and ati .. and xp + win7).

so i will check the config with your tool.

thank you for your help.

best regards

mysticx

mysticx
10-24-2011, 09:26 PM
hello

i attached the system_details.txt and i seems that delock really use the same ID for every adaptor?

now i ordered 6 adaptors from HP (after study the displaylink shop :) ) and i hope this manufacturer will deliver "useable" adaptors...

best regards

mysticx