PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Screen Resolution Repeatedly Opens

Viper21
10-03-2011, 01:09 AM
I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Displaylink version 5.6.31854. Everytime I plug in a usb thumb drive or place a CD into the internal drive on my machine, the Screen Resolution window appears. I have tried uninstalling all of the Displaylink software and if I revert back to 5.5 everything works. But the minute I try to install either thru the file download or thru windows update the problem re-appears. I have had the problem since the June time frame and thought it was my system. I recently rebuilt the system and only have a bare bone set of software installed. I have also tried the beta version 6 with the same results and anoying problem. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Wim
10-06-2011, 01:43 PM
That's weird. What DisplayLink device do you have? I wonder if it is an auto install device that is running each time you connect.

Could you post the log files?

Wim

Viper21
10-07-2011, 11:50 AM
I have attached the log zip file. I am using the EVGA UV+ device currently but tried a friend's displaylink device from Monoprice with the same results.

Thanks for looking at these.

mdg71
10-07-2011, 05:02 PM
I have a bigger problem, windows 7 will not install DL properly on my HP laptop. what to do?