PDA

View Full Version : When plugging in display link all windows go blank

soyarma
09-28-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm having an odd issue with a new Windows 7 installation. I installed the drivers and set up my displaylink BVU195 with no problems. It worked fine for a couple of weeks, but then I started having an issue where whenever I plugged in my displaylink all my monitors went blank. Nothing is logged in the event viewer, and the laptop doesn't seem to lock up, though I have to hard reset it to get video back (disconnecting the displaylink doesn't help, nor does trying to put the laptop to sleep).

However, on an identical laptop, the displaylink works fine. Both laptops are running the latest drivers off this site, and both are running the same main video card (GeForce 330M)

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Wim
09-30-2011, 11:05 AM
Are you still in Aero graphics mode when the displays go blank? It could be a problem that only happens in basic mode.

Wim

soyarma
09-30-2011, 02:35 PM
I'm still in Aero mode, yes.

Wim
10-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Can you post the log files as described here:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

soyarma
10-13-2011, 05:57 PM
I've attached the files, alas I cannot do it with the USB adapter plugged in because my screens all go blank :S

Wim
10-14-2011, 03:04 PM
Logs look OK to me. Before I raise a bug, could you try v6.0 M1, as I see you have a recent version of NVIDIA graphics which would not have been tested against v5.6 M1.

If the problem still occurs with v6.0 M1, then please lost the logs with that version installed, and I'll raise a bug.

Thanks

Wim

bns
10-14-2011, 07:38 PM
I think I have the same issue. When I plug in my Kensington Universal Notebook Docking Station with VGA/DVI, both screens go blank. I am attaching what log files I was able to create in spite of the screens going blank.

I am running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 on a Dell XPS 15Z. I am running the most recent Nvidia/Intel drivers and the most recent DisplayLink drivers.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to facilitate debugging this issue.

Wim
10-19-2011, 11:50 AM
OK - I'm not sure what is happening so I have raised a bug for this.

Wim

Wim
10-20-2011, 12:55 PM
Hi

It looks like it could be a problem with the desktop layout persistence held in Windows when we are installed. Could you try using Win Key + P to change the display settings when you have both screens blank. This may recover it so you can get to Windows display properties and set up the desktop layout correctly.

Hopefully after you fix the desktop layout it should not occur again... fingers crossed.

Wim

bns
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Pressing Windows-P did not fix the issue. It just results in the flickering mouse pointer that other users have reported.

Turranx
11-21-2011, 12:20 PM
When I plug my Display Adapter in, all screens go black / blank and the mouse cursor flickers. I tried pressing 'Win + P'; it did not help.

Wim
11-21-2011, 03:52 PM
When I plug my Display Adapter in, all screens go black / blank and the mouse cursor flickers. I tried pressing 'Win + P'; it did not help.

I think we have managed to reproduce this and it was a problem introduced in v6.0 M1 software. It should be fixed in our next release, 6.1, which should be available at the end of November.

Wim