PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 Issue

Matson
09-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Running Windows 7 - 32bit. Updated to the newest DisplayLink software and the latest Intel HD video drivers. My second monitor is blank and has never worked. My adapter shows a green light that flashes from time to time.

In the display properties the second monitor shows and says it's active, just nothing on the screen and the monitor is in sleep mode.

Any ideas?

I've attached what I believe are the logs, please let me know if you require further information because I really need this working!

Thanks!

Wim
09-25-2011, 04:25 AM
I don't have all the log files there, but from your description of the LED on and flashing, it sounds like the adapter and software think they are working correctly (the LED flashes when it receives an update from the PC, so it shows data is being sent.

The problem looks to be from the output of the adapter to the monitor. Can you check that you are outputting a resolution supported by the monitor? There is not enough logs posted for me to check this. Try a low resolution, and see if that works.

Can you try with a different monitor, just to check that the video output of the adapter is working?

Thanks

Wim