PDA

View Full Version : BSOD caused by Credant security software with DisplayLink

jnu1234
09-17-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi.

I just got myself a Toshiba USB Mobile Monitor for my Lenovo X201 laptop.
It works great until the next reboot -- then I get a blue screen right after the Windows 7 logo appears.

I have to boot into safe mode and use the DL install cleaner to uninstall.
Completely reproducible. Tried a dozen times.

I've tried the following as well with identical results:
- tried DL versions 5.5 (Toshiba CD), 5.6 (DL site) and beta 6.0
- updated my graphics and BIOS to the latest 2011 versions
- updated my PC with all the latest windows updates

Can somebody help me look into this?

I've attached the logs from the DL support tool (was used during safe mode before I uninstalled the DL drivers).

Thanks!

jimAH
09-17-2011, 10:36 AM
Do you have the BSOD dump file? What does event viewer say about the BSOD?

jnu1234
09-17-2011, 10:54 AM
Do you have the BSOD dump file? What does event viewer say about the BSOD?

The file uploaded in my first post has a whole bunch of minidump files. I that enough?
I check the event viewer but it doesn't log anything at the point of BSOD. Maybe because the BSOD happens really early -- seconds after the windows loading logo appears.

Ideas? Thanks!

jnu1234
09-23-2011, 09:51 AM
Hi!

Any possible solutions to this from forum members or DisplayLink?
Do I need to provide additional information aside from the first post?
My USB Mobile monitor is starting to gather dust. :(.
Thanks!

Wim
09-25-2011, 04:00 AM
Hi

The BSOD is caused by Cmgshcef.sys which is a driver file from company Credant Technologies, Inc. belonging to the product Mobile Guardian Shield.

It seems that there are issues in this driver when DisplayLink is installed. We have raised this with Credant, but have not had a follow up. Could you raise this with Credant as a fix would be needed by Credant.

Thanks

Wim

jnu1234
09-26-2011, 09:02 AM
Hi

The BSOD is caused by Cmgshcef.sys which is a driver file from company Credant Technologies, Inc. belonging to the product Mobile Guardian Shield.

It seems that there are issues in this driver when DisplayLink is installed. We have raised this with Credant, but have not had a follow up. Could you raise this with Credant as a fix would be needed by Credant.

Thanks

Wim

Thanks, Wim.
I just sent a support email to Credant as well. I hope they get back to us on this.
In the meantime, is there a workaround? Perhaps a fast way to disable the DisplayLink drivers whenever the USB monitor is unplugged?

Wim
09-27-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi

I'm afraid there is no quick way to disable DisplayLink. We're a graphics driver and the only way to remove us is an uninstall followed by a PC reboot.

Wim