PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on how to install new 710-S

montypython
10-01-2009, 07:41 PM
I live abroad and I have shipped in a Mimo 710-S. It should arrive in a day or so and I am a little worried that it will not work well when i install it. Here is my current configuration:

MB Pro 13 2.26ghz 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8

In the same package is my Snow Leopard Install disc. What would be the best plan of action. Install the monitor first or the OS? Hold off on the OS for now? Just wanted to get your opinions.

Ryan

Patrick
10-02-2009, 09:21 AM
I live abroad and I have shipped in a Mimo 710-S. It should arrive in a day or so and I am a little worried that it will not work well when i install it. Here is my current configuration:

MB Pro 13 2.26ghz 4GB RAM
OS 10.5.8

In the same package is my Snow Leopard Install disc. What would be the best plan of action. Install the monitor first or the OS? Hold off on the OS for now? Just wanted to get your opinions.

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

the beta driver progresses continuously and it supports more devices than the old driver so I would try out the latest driver at that time you install it. I would first install SL and then all the drivers for devices you have that way you can find out if the installers were made with 10.6 in mind. ( e.g. the old DL drivers do not install on 10.6 as they figure out it's an unknown OS for them).

Regards Patrick