PDA

View Full Version : Win7 / Toshiba HDTV Flashing Lime Green

Tomen8r
09-07-2011, 05:58 PM
I need assistance setting up my USB HD display adapter. My Toshiba Regza 42” flat screen keeps flashing lime green. I have spent 3.5 5.0 hours working on this. I have spent so much time because I had success for about 2 minutes using the setting below (image).

I have tried 3 different HDMI cables. Not sure if they are 1.4, 1.3, etc. I have tried 4 different OTG cables. The unit flashes green and/or remains steady green. It is recognized by Win7 32x. My Toshiba laptop has a 1.67 Ghz dual processors and 4GB ram. I have set the desktop to Windows Aero mode. My three other Toshiba laptops, with HDMI built in, are immediately recognized by the same HDTV, with no issues.

I have installed the software simply by plugging in the device and having Win7 recognize it. I have also using the setup.exe on the installation CD (v. 5.3.24566). I have also downloaded the April 2011 setup.exe from the website (v. 5.6 M1) and the new beta (v. 6.0.33809.0). After each attempt, I have uninstalled the USB display adapter. I have installed/uninstalled at least 5 times each utilizing each installation method. I reboot after every uninstall. There are no PID errors ….

I have selected extended and duplicate displays. The display adapter is detected by Win7. I have tried multiple monitors, projectors and every other setting available – multiple times. The only time I have success (no flashing lime green) is when the below settings are selected. The only difference from the screen capture is the resolution. The resolution (when working) was listed as 1920 x 1080. I can’t select that resolution regardless of which installation method I choose. The high res isn’t a selectable option as it is always grayed out. I think the HDTV chose that resolution, not the Win software. I can’t get that resolution back, as that was the one and only time this display adapter actually worked, even though less than 2 minutes. As of now, the highest resolution I can select for the HDTV is 1280 x 760 or 800.

I left the room when it was working, came back and it was flashing lime green again, without any one using the laptop dedicated to this TV. I have been using a straight VGA cable to the HDTV with no issues for one year. That has been unplugged during this entire process.

The video driver for the Toshiba laptop is a M8.15.0.1930 Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset, with a driver date/version of 9/23/2009. Windows update states I have the most current driver. In the properties for this card, there is no option for a second display. I believe at one time there was during this process, but it isn’t showing right now, even though the USB display adapter is plugged into the Win7 laptop.

90% of the time, the Toshiba HDTV flashes lime green. 10% of the time it is just blank, black. If the adapter wasn’t working, I would receive a ‘no signal’ error. But sometimes it detects the adapter but shows nothing, including no error message.
I have gone through all steps multiple times. Either I was sent a busted card or I am missing a simple step along the way. I have to know how I can select the resolution for the HDTV, or have Win7 detect the correct resolution for this 1080i HDTV.

I understand that mirror mode is set to the card with the lowest res, but I can’t change it when my HDTV is selected. I have used all 4 HDMI options on the TV and have had the TV both on and off during this process. I can’t change this manually. The log is from V5.6 M1.

Any ideas/assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tomen8r