PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install driver - getting error message during install

Kopierwichtel
08-29-2011, 07:30 AM
Hello,

i'm trying to install the DisplayLink driver software (5.6.31870.0) on Win XP SP 3 32 Bit for my Club 3D Sensevision USB to DVI Adapter but getting this error message after accepting the Licence agreement:

Installiere Displaylink Software für DisplayLink Graphics

Das Softwarepaket wurde anscheinend verändert. Die Installation wurde abgebrochen. Bitte setzen Sie sich mit Ihrem Vertriebshändler in Verbindung, um weitere Unterstützung zu erhalten.

As the error message is allways german on my PC i transated it:

Installing Displaylink Software for DisplayLink Graphics

The software package might have been changed. The installation was aborted. Please contact your local dealer to get further support

I'm trying it on a Lenovo T61 Notebook. I tried it with several equal T61 notebook and its allways the same error.

On Windows 7 the installation went fine.

Many thanks for your assistance

Wim
08-30-2011, 08:34 AM
This message usually occurs if the download of the exe is corrupted. Could you try downloading again, or copy the working version from your Win 7 machine to the XP machine and try again?

Wim

Kopierwichtel
08-30-2011, 10:12 PM
Hi Wim,

i checked the file from the CD and also from a fresh download and the same error occurs. But when i try it on a different mashine the setup works fine. It seems to be just a problm on Lenovo notebook. I check this with two diffrent series and and all Lenovo maschines it doesn't work.

But i was able to extract the drivers from the setup.exe (temp folder) and using this drivers in the device manager i could install it and now its working fine.

Kind regards

Kopierwichtel

rlmoore
09-21-2011, 04:49 PM
We have recently purchased the HP USB 2.0 docks and have had the same issues with our XP SP3 computers. I have tried to download several times and have gotten some computers to install just fine but now all of them are having the same issue. We are using the following version:
DisplayLink-5.6.31870

Major issue for us right now...as we have purchased about 60 of these docking stations. I have tried to install from the Mass Storage device, CD, Web download, known good previous download, and old versions...same issue.

Please help

Kopierwichtel
09-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Hello,

i fixed it by extracting the drivers:

- Start the setup-file
- Then check the Temp folder in the user profile C:\Documents & Settings\username\local settings\temp
- In this folder i found a folder named DL2. This folder contains the driver files that worked for me.

Hopefully this solution is working for you

Kind Regards

Wim
09-25-2011, 04:19 AM
If you are having installation issues, can you follow the instructions here for installer logging, so we have more information to know what's wrong.

http://kb.displaylink.com/270

If it didn't install on XP at all I would expect a lot more complaints so it must be something specific about these systems.

Wim