PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Delay

LineNoise
08-26-2011, 03:10 PM
I bought 3 Lenovo Universal Video Docking Station for any Notebook, w/DVI-I output, 4 USB 2.0 Ports (57Y6576) to install for a client on a brand new Toshiba E305 laptop last night.

Everything was working fine last night when I left after the install. This morning I received a call that when they type there is a significant delay from when they type on the keyboard to when it's displayed on the screen. They're telling me 30 seconds.

I checked the software and it's version 5.6.31854.0.

Our next option is to return these and purchase the Toshiba branded dock, after seeing it uses the same software that's out of the question now. Please help in getting this resolved, it's critical to the users needs.

Wim
08-30-2011, 08:37 AM
This is strange and not sure if its directly related to DisplayLink, as we only provide the video part of the product, so keyboard presses should bypass our chip and driver.

This could be checked by uninstalling DisplayLink and see if the same problem persists. I'd try swapping the keyboard and USB ports to see if it solves the issue.

It may also be that they are typing and the screen is not refreshing until they do something, which would be a different problem. I'd check its not due to some strange screen corruption, which can be worked around by following this thread:

http://www.displaylink.org/forum/showthread.php?t=897

Wim