PDA

View Full Version : Extended Display

chienyang
08-21-2011, 07:04 AM
Hello everyone,

I had HP DV6Z-2000 laptop and HSTNN-S01X docking station. I connected one AOC 20" monitor to DVI port and another to VGA port. However, I could not configure extended display for both monitor, only duplicated display.

My laptop contained Windows 7, and I installed the latest DisplayLink USB Graphics Driver.

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue. Thanks for your help.

Wim
08-26-2011, 05:32 AM
Hi

This should work, so to diagnose what is wrong, we will need you to post the log files from your system to see what our driver is doing.

Thanks

Wim

rbleeker
09-04-2011, 08:42 PM
I have the same issue.

Using a hp 2540p notebook running win7 x64 and the HP HSTNN-S01X port replicator with two HP monitors connected. I installed the latest Displaylink windows driver but it will only recognise one monitor which is duplicated to the other monitor.

What additional information do you need? How can I retrieve the logfile for the Displaylink driver?

Any help is much appreciated!

Wim
09-05-2011, 11:28 AM

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

Thanks

Wim

Wim
09-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Hello

Re-reading your post, are you trying to connect 2 monitors to the dock? There is only 1 DisplayLink chip in this dock, so you can only have 1 extended display, either connected through VGA or DVI. I thought you were connecting the VGA directly to the laptop.

As there is only 1 DisplayLink chip, then it will duplicate (and be the same resolution) from both video connectors on the dock.

Wim

chienyang
09-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Hello Wim,

I was connecting two monitors to the docking station.

Thanks for answering the question for me.

Chien