PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP embedded

ssun
08-19-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi, all.

I am looking to use my Toshiba USB Monitor with a thin client device. It's a WYSE R90L with Windows XP Embedded. The intended application is to use this with multiple USB monitors to do high-resolution, low-powered digital picture frames.

When I tried to install the Toshiba provided driver and the DisplayLink driver from the website, it told me that it wasn't intended for that platform. On the DisplayLink website, it shows an Embedded section, which I have signed up for a login.

I'm wondering now, if that is the correct way to proceed. On second look, it appears that the embbedded section is for developers who are making devices with embedded DisplayLink devices.

Is this the correct way to get the Windows XP Embedded driver?

Thanks,

Spencer

Wim
08-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi

The XP embedded driver we have is for installation onto XP embedded in the factory. It is a component based driver, designed to be integrated into your XP embedded image. It's not designed to be installed by an end user.

A reason for this is XP embedded is made up of many different components. For DisplayLink to operate it is vital that some components are present in the XP embedded image, which are not necessarily present in every XP embedded image. This is why the driver needs to be factory installed, to make sure the XP embedded components we require are installed.

Wim