PDA

View Full Version : Freeze on bootup after install + very slow boot after uninstall winxp32+ ATI Radeon

Jim bob
08-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi there,

First time I'm using one of these things. I have the following problems,

1. After installing the software I rebooted as requested after install and the computer freezes halfway through reboot. Repeated attempts to reboot unsuccessful. Boot in safe mode and remove displaylink devices under device manager results in a successful reboot. Installing any displaylink devices again will result in a requirement to reboot and once again a frozen pc half way through reboot which results in me having to remove them again under safe mode. Basically so far the device won't work at all.

2. The boot of windows after installation of displaylink drivers is now painfully painfully slow! Worse of all is I have uninstalled the software, and it was still slow after uninstall! I have now reinstalled the software again in hope of getting the thing working and now the reboot is now twice as slow! It takes 10mins to reboot my pc!

I fear that not only has this thing been a waste of money but also it will now require me to re-install windows from scratch because it takes 10mins to reboot even after uninstalling your drivers..... not a good intro to your device for me.

Following hardware info

1. Device: usb 2.0 UGA multi-display adaptor model UG17

2. Computer: Asus F3jp running windows XP 32 bit (service packs updated to latest)

2. display adaptor: ATI mobility Radeon X1700

thank you

Jim bob
08-07-2011, 12:21 PM
I found the problem. It says when you install drivers from the CD that it checks for updated drivers but it does not. Downloaded the latest drivers and now it works ok.