PDA

View Full Version : DisplayLink Full Screen Flash Issues

rivlez
08-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with when displaying a full screen youtube video or anything that is flash in full screen mode.

This is the hardware I am using:

Infocus IN3114 Projector
Dell Latitude D630 - Windows XP SP3
DisplayLink Adapter

I have the newest DisplayLink drivers and the laptop has the most up to date drivers(video/chipset/sound) installed as well. I had a problem with initially getting a black screen but I resolved that by following this http://www.displaylink.com/support/ticket.php?id=267. I also have the newest Windows updates installed. If anyone can help me out that would be great. Thanks in advance.

rivlez
08-08-2011, 08:43 PM
Still having this issue...i'm starting to think that the DisplayLink just doesn't have the bandwidth to support full screen flash video.

jimAH
08-11-2011, 09:25 AM
What exactly is the issue you are having?

rivlez
08-11-2011, 12:45 PM
When full screen flash like youtube plays it is extremely laggy and not watchable. Looks like it's 10fps. Does anyone else have this same issue?

Wim
08-11-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't think it is a bandwidth problem, but maybe the CPU is getting overloaded. Flash can be quite CPU hungry anyway. If you add the CPU needed to re-encode it into DisplayLink compression for sending over USB, it might top out the CPU.

I would try lowering the screen resolution (flash videos tend to be lower res anyway, so you wouldn't notice full screen) and see if this improves performance. A lower screen resolution means less pixels for us to compress in full screen mode, so less CPU needed, so higher frame rate.

Wim

rivlez
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
It's a 2Ghz Core2Duo CPU with 3.5GB RAM. That should be enough, right?

Wim
08-12-2011, 10:20 AM
It might not be for flash, as it uses way more CPU than Media players. What percentage CPU is being used and what is the screen resolution of the DisplayLink screen? Did you try lowering the screen resolution?

Wim

rivlez
08-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I'll get some testing done today with this - i'll report back when I have some results.