Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > Alpha, Beta Software Testing Programs > Closed Alpha and Beta Programs > CLOSED: Mac OSX 1.7 Release
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #31
silpa

Default 17" Unibody Macbook Pro NVidia 9600M

Same experience with Higher Graphics Performance turned on, as without it turned on. Dock becomes uneditable, and I cannot see the login screen when I turn off automatic login. I just see the grey wall paper.

To get back to my system, I once again had to boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #32
displaylinker

MacBook Pro 17" 2010 NVidia GT 330M

No major problems so far. Even the long-standing copy and paste is fixed.

But:

1. Still no energy-savings on Display Link monitor

2. Renders useless the "Play Speed" function of "Movist" media player App on Mac.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:37 AM   #33
creamhackered

I have a bit of a major bug with my Kensington adaptor. I am running Lion GM on my iMac 27". I have a 27" Cinema display attached and a 24" Samsung monitor running in rotated 90 degree mode. When I sleep and attempt to resume, the primary iMac display is blank. The DisplayLink display and 27" Cinema Display both work. Any ideas?
Old 07-20-2011, 03:51 PM   #34
analli

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamhackered View Post
I have a bit of a major bug with my Kensington adaptor. I am running Lion GM on my iMac 27". I have a 27" Cinema display attached and a 24" Samsung monitor running in rotated 90 degree mode. When I sleep and attempt to resume, the primary iMac display is blank. The DisplayLink display and 27" Cinema Display both work. Any ideas?
No rotation option in my LG W2442 with 1.7b2 after installing Lion. Reboot didn't solve anything. I have a 27" iMac and this monitor is useless to me unless I can rotate it. Any advice?

Anthony
Old 07-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
richgable

Default Smoothness

+1 for the smoothness issues. Both my laptop display and the monitor that connected through the mini display port work great, but through the DisplayLink, noting is smooth. The mouse is quite jerky, animations are terribly jerky. Just an observation.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #36
8collins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianP View Post
Just another couple of checks for the dock issue, could you please run the following command in a Terminal and post the output:
ls -al ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dock.plist

The dock could be non-editable if the permissions on this file are set as read only for the user.
Could you also please check in the Accounts preferences if the Parental control is active (there is an option called "Allow User to Modify the Dock")?
Thanks for your help
Installed Lion on 2008 MBP Unibody
1) Login disappeared (just shows gray screen)

2) Firefox hack worked by changing Graphics to "High Performance"

3) Dragging files is sticking icons to the cursor

4) Can't edit the dock

Are you getting close to a fix on these? I haven't seen a post since today's general Lion release.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #37
jpope

Default Dragging operation replicated issues

I as well am experiencing that dragging operations do not cancel correctly. I first experienced this today immediately after upgrading. After un-installing and re-installing a few times, it was very clear the dragging issues were directly related to the driver. In attempt to get this working, and helping you debug, I made a Lion installation disk, booted from it, and preformed a clean install after completely wiping my HD.

After login on the clean system, I immediately installed the B2 drivers, and nothing else. I still experience the dragging issues, rendering the computer useless. I tried a few times to reboot w/ and w/o the monitor plugged-in, etc. As long as the driver is installed, I have these issues.

The first is related to not releasing an icon when dragging. The only way to release it is in esc+click, which puts the file right back where it started. The second area I've noticed this, is in trying to drag an icon out of the dock. The dock icons also do not release, unless you drop them on the top menu bar, and then they return to the dock.

I have attached the debug file to this msg. I am running a Macbook Pro with a duel link DVI adapter to a 30in Dell. I have the display link running a 24in Dell. I know your working hard on these issues, and really can't wait until they are resolved.

Deciding where to continue w/o the 3rd monitor, or revert back to snow leopard. Looking forward to your progress. Cheers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (212.4 KB, 572 views)
Old 07-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #38
kurtnagel

Default Does not work at all

After upgrading to Lion and installing 1.7b2, second display is not detected at all and monitor indicates no signal. I have a newertech USB 2.0 to DVI adapter. Led on adapter blinks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (430.5 KB, 561 views)
Old 07-21-2011, 05:05 PM   #39
PeterHS

Also upgraded to Lion General Release. Also using 1.7b2 and the NewerTech USB/DVI Adaptor. All working fine so far with the exception of known issues already extensively highlighted. On late 2009 MacBook Pro with two 20 inch A1081 displays attached - one via the NewerTech and one via the DisplayPort. From postings looks like it is very setup sensitive... would help to know what yours is?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 PM   #40
philip

Default Tip to save you the trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by silpa View Post
Same experience with Higher Graphics Performance turned on, as without it turned on. Dock becomes uneditable, and I cannot see the login screen when I turn off automatic login. I just see the grey wall paper.

To get back to my system, I once again had to boot into safe mode and uninstall the driver.
the options are still there you just can't see them, try clicking in the center of the screen and typing your password then hit enter. if you have more then one account it'll be to the left of the center of the screen vertically centered. you can also look up where the icons usually are and click where you think it would be and type your password in.

Sorry you had to go through all that but at least you didn't erase your whole SSD/operating disk to put in a fresh install of Lion. If only I knew about these bugs sooner.