Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2015, 02:21 PM   #1
Andrea Dal Maso

Default problems with win10 and Dell D3000

Hi all,
i have installed Windows 10 on my Dell Precision M3800 with Dell D3000 station.
all is working fine until i install DisplaLink 7.9 (M0 or M2 has the same behaviour).
after installing and rebooting Windows 10 goes into Automatic Repair and the only way out from the boot looping is to chosse a system restore point before the sw installation.
tried to apply all available patches, but even this has no success.
any suggestion?
Andrea Dal Maso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #2
WorthyD

I have a Dell XPS15 and experiencing the exact same issue. We did two clean builds on my machine and it didn't resolve the issue. My options were to switch back to 8.1 or not use the dock. It's been sitting in a filing cabinet for about two weeks.
WorthyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:14 PM   #3
JamesH

Hi,

I haven't seen this but is there anyway that when this happens you can boot into safe mode so we can get the DisplayLink logs?

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:22 PM   #4
JamesH

Hi,

Just checked and this may be an issue with Bitlocker.

Please install 7.9 M3 and the latest Windows Updates.

Thanks,
James
JamesH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 03:34 PM   #5
WorthyD

Yeah, I had Bitlocker enabled (company policy). My personal Surface Pro 1 with Win 10 has not had any problems. I wasn't able to get into Safe mode when trying to get back into the machine.

I'll give 7.9 M3 a try next week when I get to a good stopping point with work. I'll follow up afterwards.

Thanks for following up on this!
WorthyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #6
Andrea Dal Maso

hello,
i have no bitlocker enabled.
tried with 7.9.M3 release.
same behaviour. now i am back in windows 8.1, but i tried the upgrade to win10 after the upgrade of the display link sw.
win10 fails after the drivers installation phase boot.

while installing win10 from scratch all os good, unteil i install the display link driver. when asked to attach the docking win 10 goes in page fault and reboot.
after this, no way to make it boot, even unplugging the docking.
Old 11-03-2015, 10:15 AM   #7
AlbanRampon

Default KB3097617 Microsoft Cumulative Patch

Good morning all,

Would you please be able to check you have the cumulative KB3097617 Windows update installed. Please note that if you are in a corporate environment, you might need to ask your IT department: they can limit what is available to your machine or just cut Windows Update altogether.

Our 7.9M3 release is signed.
Your computer may reboot in repair mode because Windows thinks the driver is not signed properly.
If you wish to confirm signature is the issue, you can try temporarily removing the Signature Enforcement feature of Windows 10.
Here is a guide I found: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers...er-enforcement

Let me know if that makes any difference.
Alban
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:04 PM   #8
Andrea Dal Maso

i cannot tell if the kb is installed or not, because i cannot boot windows 10.
after the second boot i get the message that the boot is not succeeded and after a couple of reboot it roll back to windows 8.1

so i tried without connecting the usb dock and removing the displaylink drivers (running the cleanup utility after and a reboot of course).

then the installation runs well, run windows update from ms site (not internal wsus), everything installed.
then when i try to install display link, after the request to connect the dock (with nothing connected) it hang, BSOD then reboot and is not able to boot win10 anymore, even safe boot fails.

the only thing i can do (without reinstalling all windows) is to roll back to win 8.1 (again).

i cannot ask nothing to the IT because i am the IT.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:15 AM   #9
AlbanRampon

Hi Andrea,

Pretty annoying issue, I'm sorry. Because of the BSOD, it doesn't seem to be a signature related issue where it just reboots in repair mode.

Can you get the memory dump file created by the BSOD?
It includes the calling stack and could help me see what's being called at the time of crash. This could be useful to engineering. File can be rather large so it would need a cloud drive space for me to download it. You can make sure they are generated from the Startup and Recovery of the Control Panel. It would be better to have the dump, not "mini" dump.
Because it could include personal information, I would advise you start a private support ticket.

Thanks,
Alban
AlbanRampon is offline   Reply With Quote