Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
BorisTheSpider

Default nvidia control panel problems with displaylink installed

Hi,

I just installed displaylink for a lilliput monitor I have. My main monitors are a set of 3 BenQs using nvidia surround.

I'm having a problem with the nvidia control panel, here it is right after boot today, with displaylink installed, and the 3 monitors in portrait surround:

As you can see, two things are wrong - first, there is no "Configure SLI, PhysX, Surround" section. Also, there is a "set up stereoscopic 3D" section, which actually should not be there, since my monitors are in portrait at the moment, and although I do have the nvidia 3d vision kit and my monitors are 3D surround capable, 3D does not work in portrait (on any monitors) due to polarisation issues.

Also, if I go into the "Set up multiple displays" section, nothing is there - I can't see (or configure) anything in there.

If I unplug the displaylink monitor, the control panel menu returns to normal:

In this state, I am able to configure everything in the normal way.

However, if I replug the displaylink monitor at this point, the menu stays the same (the stereoscopic 3d section remains hidden, and the link to configure SLI, PhysX and Surround remains there), but if I click through into some of the menu sections, like for example "Change Resolution" there is nothing there - it's just a blank, drop down box where you'd choose a resolution and refresh rate.

I also noticed that before unplugging and replugging the displaylink monitor, when I first booted up, windows were maximizing to the entire set of surround displays (spanning all 3), this isn't what should happen - they should maximize to only one display, as the nvidia driver catches the maximize somehow, so that even though windows is seeing the 3 displays as one big display (in this case 3240x1920) the window maximizes to, for example, 1080x1920. After the unplug and replug of the displaylink monitor, the normal behaviour of maximizing to only one monitor has returned.

Displaylink drivers are 7.0M3, nvidia drivers are 306.79 WHQL and cards are 3x GTX580

Last edited by BorisTheSpider; 12-01-2012 at 04:05 PM.
BorisTheSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Wim

A number of the NVIDIA control panel options get disabled when DisplayLink is installed.

Having looked at this, it seems to be something NVIDIA do when additional graphics cards are attached to the system. We've not had any joy trying to work out why the NVIDIA driver behaves this way.

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:48 PM   #3
kleineMax

Default Nvidia Control Panel not showing up when DisplayLink Device is pluged in

Hi,

today i wanted to change some settings for one game in the Nvidia Control Panel, but it didnt showed up. At first i thought it is a problem with the driver from Nvidia, so i tried a reinstall and clean install -> still not working.

Cause of some known issues i unpluged my USB Display and now the control panel could be started.

Is there any solution to this?

Nvidia driver: 310.90

DisplayLink driver: 7.1 M1
with Samsung SyncMaster U70

Last edited by kleineMax; 02-10-2013 at 10:14 PM.
kleineMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #4
vinnyvortex

The latest beta driver solved the same issue for me.
vinnyvortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #5
kleineMax

Latest Nvidia Beta, the 313.96 ?

Cause i tried this one, not a clean install though, still it didnt worked for me. Or do you mean a beta from DisplayLink? If so, where can i get it?
kleineMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 07:57 AM   #6
terryt1

Default Nvidia Control Panel conflicts with DisplayLink

I have windows 8.1 and a Nvidia Geforce GTX 280. The DisplayLink driver 7.5. works EXCEPT, the Nvidia Control Panel v 7.6 crashes or only shows two pages and not all the other pages. when i unplug my Monitor that uses the DisplayLink software the NVidia control panel works fine. When the USB monitor is attached everything works fine EXCEPT the NVidia Control Panel.

I worked with Nvidia support and they concur that the issue is with the DisplayLink drivers for the monitor that is connected to the USB using the DisplayLink software.

on this forum somewhere, i saw a .reg file with a fix, but it was for windows 7 only. the only reason i am using the USB monitor is because i used to have two video cards in my computer, but a friend needed a card so i took one out and gave it to him and i bought the USB connection with the DisplayLink software assu8ming there would be no issues. i do not regret this action, but now i am in stuck.

i checked all the usual places on my computer and DisplayLink is installed correctly, but when the monitor is attached the NVidia Control panel crashes. when it is not attached the NVidia Control Panel works fine. I have attached the DisplayLink Support file zip to this post. please, can someone, anyone have a fix for this??
Attached Files
File Type: zip TERRY3_20140330_015105.zip (511.9 KB, 0 views)
terryt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
evets90

Default DisplayLink Driver holding Nvidia Control Panel Hostage

I have an Nvidia GTX 780 and a Lilliput 7" USB monitor. I cannot access the Nvidia Control Panel options (aside from 3D settings) when the USB monitor is plugged in.

This is really obnoxious. Please fix the driver so it does not do this.
evets90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 PM   #8
john7

Quote:
Originally Posted by evets90 View Post
I have an Nvidia GTX 780 and a Lilliput 7" USB monitor. I cannot access the Nvidia Control Panel options (aside from 3D settings) when the USB monitor is plugged in.

This is really obnoxious. Please fix the driver so it does not do this.
Add me in to this its only 3D I can access as well.
john7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #9
pakko

Hello, i have an Nvidia GTX 580 and as a second monitor AOC E1649FWU.

DisplayLink Manager is the lastet at today: 7.7.57957.0

And I can't open the Nvidia Control Panel until i switch off the second monitor using DisplayLink Manager.

Please, do we have an ETA on this bug?

Best Regards,

Giacomo
pakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:15 PM   #10
DoctorDigital

Besides messing up the nVidia Control Panel, it seems that sometimes with some application the nVidia driver gets instable. I get quite some crashes when having USB screens enabled while playing Star Citizen alpha. In other games, like the Elite Dangerous BETA the drivers are ok.

So - there might be some optimization useful and maybe with elimitation the control panel bug, the driver crash issue might get resolved, too.
DoctorDigital is offline   Reply With Quote