Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
tbonejackson

Default BSOD on Dell Latitude E6510 Laptop

After installing the Display Link Monitor and its drivers, the monitor works properly. However, upon reboot, the computer cannot make it in to Windows. It keeps blue screening. I can only get back into windows by hitting F8 at startup and then choose last known good configuration. After doing this and getting back into Windows, the drivers for the Monitor are uninstalled and everything seems to be working okay. Windows will indicate that it restarted unexpectedly and it will generate a minidump file. I attached the minidump file. If anyone could give me any assistance with this I would appreciate it. Let me know if you need more information from me.

The monitor i am using is this:

http://www.mmt2.com/fmp/index.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip 110411-16629-01.zip (20.8 KB, 1 views)
tbonejackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #2
Wim

From the dmp file, it looks like the crash is in a Windows file and not in our driver, so this doesn't give much information of the root cause.

Could you let me know what version of DisplayLink software you are trying to install and make sure you have the latest driver installed for your primary graphics card, as this could solve the issue.

If you can post the debug information after the software is installed, but before the reboot, it would give me more information:

http://kb.displaylink.com/269

One other thing is to make sure you haven't got Credant security software installed, as this can cause this system. Although from the BSOD information is does not look related to this, it is worth mentioning just in case.

Thanks

Wim
Wim is offline   Reply With Quote