Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Windows Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2024, 06:20 PM   #1
Mike B

Default Network Connection Slow

I have a new Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 3520 running Windows 11 and I have my 2 monitors and network cable connected to a Displaylink CJP68. When I run a speed test on my 1Gig network my results are Download = 186Mbps / Upload = 172Mbps. If I unplug the network cable and use the WIFI my results are Download = 732Mbps / Upload = 586Mbps.

I would really like to know why the docking station slows down my network speed.

Thank you

Mike
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2024, 09:57 AM   #2
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I have a new Dell Laptop Inspiron 15 3520 running Windows 11 and I have my 2 monitors and network cable connected to a Displaylink CJP68. When I run a speed test on my 1Gig network my results are Download = 186Mbps / Upload = 172Mbps. If I unplug the network cable and use the WIFI my results are Download = 732Mbps / Upload = 586Mbps.

I would really like to know why the docking station slows down my network speed.

Thank you

Mike
** Note from the moderator - I moved this question into the Windows section of the forum **

According to page 7 of the manual for your laptop --> https://dl.dell.com/content/manual20...language=en-us

Your laptop has two USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the left side of the computer.

Your laptop has one USB 2.0 port on the right side of the computer.

If your docking station is connected to the USB 2.0 port, it would impact the performance of the network adapter.

If you have not already done so, please ensure that the dock is connected to one of the USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the left side of the computer.
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 09:54 PM   #3
Mike B

Default Network Speed is UP

I swapped the docking station from USB 2.0 Port to the USB 3.2 Port and my Network speed came up to 807Mbps Download and 213Mbps Upload. Thank you so much for pointing out what was wrong.

To bad Dell don't include an owners Manual with the laptop.

Mike Braecklein
Mike B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:55 AM   #4
rboerner
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
I swapped the docking station from USB 2.0 Port to the USB 3.2 Port and my Network speed came up to 807Mbps Download and 213Mbps Upload. Thank you so much for pointing out what was wrong.

To bad Dell don't include an owners Manual with the laptop.

Mike Braecklein
Thank you for posting the update, and I am glad to hear the information I provided was helpful :-)
rboerner is offline   Reply With Quote