Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #11
r8r

Thumbs down

I couldn't care less whether you call it a 1.8.x or 2.x release. I just want to be able to use my 3rd screen again. If you don't come up with a solution soon I will never find out what magic unicorn things v2.0 will do, as the displaylink adapter long will have been chucked by then.
Apart from the fact of this somewhat ridiculous support, I think your problem also is, that your user base consists of a fair share of developers and we all know how to not approach upgrade issues; mountain lion has been released for developers months and months ago and you've had plenty of time to release a working driver. Take off the note on your driver page at least, that its supposed to be working on 10.8.
Last but not least, the statement, that you're "whipping the dev team as hard as you can" gave me shivers; I'm glad I don't work for displaylink.
Don't get me wrong: I am a development shop owner myself and know how devestating Environment changes can be to resource planning, but I don't understand why management doesn't have the guts to take responsibility and officially address this issue.
r8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
login screen, mountain lion