Go Back   DisplayLink Forum > DisplayLink Graphics Technology > Mac Software
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #91
displaylinker

sadly, won't be available before the weekend?

productivity has gone way down this week without my second and third monitors.

this is pushing me to buy and install the OSX 86 hackintosh with multiple display cards so I won't ever have to rely on displaylink again!
displaylinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:22 PM   #92
Hophoto

Default Lion 10.7.3

Upgraded.. and other than on reboot it takes about 20 sec.. to see and turn on the screen all is good.... .. not perfect.. but good... miss my 3d accel.. but can deal with it for a while.....so again..on restart.... both screens hooked to card.. come up perfect.. and the middle screen hooked to display link.. takes about 20 sec.. to recon and come on..

Med Dement
Hophoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 01:39 PM   #93
martinreed

My system is a mid-2009 27" iMac with a 20" Samsung monitor in portrait (rotated) mode on the left, connected to the built-in displayport, and a 24" Benq monitor, also in portrait mode on the right, connected via an HIS Multi-View II DisplayLink adaptor.

I use the Benq/DisplayLink for all my messenger programs, so the lower performance of USB adaptors is not a problem, as it only has to display mostly static primarily textual information.

I had held off upgrading from 10.6.8 until now, because some apps and utilities that I rely on were still PowerPC only, not yet Intel or Universal, so when I finally decided to upgrade, it was straight from 10.6.8 to 10.7.3 and it was there that I found the problem with 10.7.3 and rotated displays.

I've read through all the postings on this forum, and I have similar symptoms to many other users, of a blue screen on my left and centre (built-in) screens, and flickering black on the USB-powered screen. However, I have got around the problem for the moment by moving all the messengers onto their own screen in Mission Control and leaving the USB-attached screen switched off. Not ideal, but a workaround. I'd imagine that my "DisplayLink Information" zip file will be the same as everyone else's but have attached it anyway.

I've also read on the net about the possibility of downgrading the OS from 10.7.3 to 10.7.2, and it seems to be universally considered to be a bad idea, so I will just stick with the situation I have, rather than trying to make it worse.

However, like many other posters to this forum, I would be very keen to be an alpha or beta tester for any 1.7.1 or 1.8 driver, as I am very very keen to get my third screen operational again.
Attached Files
File Type: zip DisplayLink Information.zip (358.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by martinreed; 02-20-2012 at 01:42 PM.
martinreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #94
displaylinker

where is the alpha or beta? at this point, I'd rather have something that might work instead of not having anything?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #95
GodwinC

or get a Displayport splitter by Matrox or Atlona.. problem solved and no need for this USB display driver BS... and save some CPU power for your apps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by displaylinker View Post
where is the alpha or beta? at this point, I'd rather have something that might work instead of not having anything?

Last edited by GodwinC; 02-22-2012 at 09:25 AM.
GodwinC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 PM   #96
Jim Bauer

Question Display problems

This might explain a lot !
http://www.gizmag.com/apple-hybrid-d...nnector/18340/
Jim Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #97
camgas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodwinC View Post
or get a Displayport splitter by Matrox or Atlona.. problem solved and no need for this USB display driver BS... and save some CPU power for your apps.
Which one did you get? They have a few options. Can you use rotation?
camgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #98
pomaceous76

Default Confirmed

I can confirm that eazywig's method of going into safe mode and then restarting my MBA brought my AOC e1649fwu back to life, albeit in landscape mode. The one difference was that in when I was in safe mode, the AOC didn't show in Display Preferences. Therefore I wasn't able to reset the rotation back to landscape mode. It didn't seem to matter because my end result was the same as eazywig's: a working DisplayLink monitor.

Needless to say, I won't be touching portrait mode until DisplayLink figures this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eazywig View Post
I'm using a BVU195 to connect a 1920x1200 display in portrait mode to a mid 2010 iMac 27". After applying 10.7.3 patch I faced the problem described in this forum. All connected displays turned to blue.
Starting up the iMac in safe mode and launching display preferences resetted the orientation of the display connected to the displaylink adapter to landscape. After a newly restart the displaylink adapter can be used again, but only in landscape mode :-(.
Nevertheless thanks for posting this solution!!!
pomaceous76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:22 PM   #99
displaylinker

I have tried booting into safe mode, but my Mac just stays on the boot screen with spinning wheel for hours and fan engaged. I had to shut it down due to overheating.

How long does it take for guys to enter safe mode?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #100
Jim Bauer

Default USB back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bauer View Post
My Samsung USB Monitor is back after Apple Software update (EFI I think)

So far I have horizontal but no vertical yet
Jim Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1.7, 10.7.3, bvu195, diamond, lion